or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Restaurant Recommendations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Restaurant Recommendations - Page 77

post #1141 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
So I suppose you failed the reading comprehension exam. Where are you getting that from?
Yeah, been at my desk for 30 straight hours, makes you crazy or blind or both. I read it as an Alinea, Ria, CT, L2O, Balsan top five. My bad.
post #1142 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmprisons View Post
Yeah, been at my desk for 30 straight hours, makes you crazy or blind or both.

I read it as an Alinea, Rio, CT, L2O, Balsan top five. My bad.

No, definitely not.

Alinea and Ria are in my top 5, but not the others.
post #1143 of 1367
Curious... does Les Nomades make your list SF?
post #1144 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Curious... does Les Nomades make your list SF?
Well I honestly don't have a big list, but Les Nomades is fantastic. I just think that woman that owns it is a bit of a douchebag and it takes a lot of internal control to keep myself in check around her. Even her breathing makes me want to roll my eyes. She's one of those "you're eating at the highest level types," except much more cultured. There are places that have great food but I avoid because of the atmosphere... Spiaggia would be the biggest culprit here. I find the dining room so dated and uncomfortable, but it really is one of the best italian offerings in the country.
post #1145 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
Well I honestly don't have a big list, but Les Nomades is fantastic. I just think that woman that owns it is a bit of a douchebag and it takes a lot of internal control to keep myself in check around her. Even her breathing makes me want to roll my eyes. She's one of those "you're eating at the highest level types," except much more cultured.

There are places that have great food but I avoid because of the atmosphere... Spiaggia would be the biggest culprit here. I find the dining room so dated and uncomfortable, but it really is one of the best italian offerings in the country.
I've had good dining experiences at Les Nomades, it's one of my favorites in Chicago. The owner has always been very polite and courteous when I've been there.
post #1146 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I've had good dining experiences at Les Nomades, it's one of my favorites in Chicago. The owner has always been very polite and courteous when I've been there.

I just think she's annoying... and she needs to stop trying to speak French, it's embarrassing.

But like I said, fantastic food. Place deserved recognition from Michelin guide. 2 stars.
post #1147 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post

There are places that have great food but I avoid because of the atmosphere... Spiaggia would be the biggest culprit here. I find the dining room so dated and uncomfortable, but it really is one of the best italian offerings in the country.

What do you you think of Cafe Spiaggia? Is the food as good as in the main room?
post #1148 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
What do you you think of Cafe Spiaggia? Is the food as good as in the main room?

no.

The entire place is in a very sore need of an update.
post #1149 of 1367
Thank you, I only been to the cafe and find it consistently disappointing.
post #1150 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
Thank you, I only been to the cafe and find it consistently disappointing.
I also have only been to the Cafe. Never impressed me. I do have to recommend Pelago and I concur regarding Les Nomades. Both are simply fantastic. Les Nomades is pricey though.
post #1151 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
Bouchon dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
+1. And unless you like vino, it'd be less than $250.

Thanks for the recommendation. Loved it. Bill came out to $260 after tip
post #1152 of 1367
Recent NYC meals at Jean-Georges, Eleven Madison Park, Ma Peche, Maialino, Osteria Morini, Momofuku Ssam, Hudson Clearwater.

Maialino was fantastic - particularly the rabbit and olive garganelli. The pig of course was excellent.
Ma Peche was pretty good but I preferred the duck lunch at Ssam - company was better at Ma Peche. Milk Bar cake truffles are so freakin delicious.
Morini not bad - weaker for lunch, better kitchen and service for dinner.
Hudson Clearwater was good but not excellent - except desserts which were surprisingly well done.
EMP - always excellent but not as satisfying as JG
JG - still by far the best lunch in the city. Incredible food, ridiculously high value for money
post #1153 of 1367
I wish they had put JG up on the top of that building. Would kill for a couple of Milk Bar compost and blueberry & cream cookies. lefty
post #1154 of 1367
Milk Bar is the only thing about the Momofuku empire that I really like.
post #1155 of 1367
The new refocused Ssam lunch counter concept (just the Duck Bar, three dishes, 4 or 5 side plates) is actually great. And Milk Bar right across to finish with a nice espresso and cookie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Restaurant Recommendations