or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Restaurant Recommendations
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Restaurant Recommendations - Page 76

post #1126 of 1368
I quite like Commerce in NYC.
post #1127 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
+1. And unless you like vino, it'd be less than $250.
Don't get the foie gras faux terrine.
post #1128 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
+1. And unless you like vino, it'd be less than $250.

I think all Keller place offer corkage. It won't be as expensive as it is at TFL either.
post #1129 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Don't get the foie gras faux terrine.

I can tell you're never going to let go of that.
post #1130 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
I can tell you're never going to let go of that.
It is my truffle oil, and it happened to me again at Bouchon, and then also at Benu with monkfish liver.
post #1131 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
It is my truffle oil, and it happened to me again at Bouchon, and then also at Benu with monkfish liver.

It did?
post #1132 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
It did?
Yes. Once at TFL, then at Bouchon, then at Benu.
post #1133 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
I think all Keller place offer corkage. It won't be as expensive as it is at TFL either.
I don't really keep nice wines at home (plus this isn't for any special occasion) and I don't like the idea of corkage as a way to save money. I'd just order from their wine menu. Thank you for the recs guys.
post #1134 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Don't get the foie gras faux terrine.
What are we talking about? The horror of the unseasoned foie? You'd think with the 80 types of salt they have for salt service in Keller restaurants, they'd add it to foie.
post #1135 of 1368
*

Bouchon - Beverly Hills
*

Online Reservations

Thank you. Your reservation has been confirmed.

* Saturday, May --, 2011
* 6:30 PM
* Party of 2

post #1136 of 1368
Jealous! Hopefully they have sous vide sirloin
post #1137 of 1368
Anyone ever been to RIA in Chicago? This looks pretty awesome. Menu looks stupid expensive though: http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2011/05/anito_lo.html
post #1138 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post
Anyone ever been to RIA in Chicago? This looks pretty awesome. Menu looks stupid expensive though:

http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2011/05/anito_lo.html

RIA is excellent. In my Chicago top 5. Only gripe is the how they plate the dover sole table side... sloppy. Other than that, excellent restaurant. Would rather go there than L20 or Trotters. Alinea still my top pick but it's excellent. Balsan is fantastic too for more casual dining.
post #1139 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
RIA is excellent. In my Chicago top 5. Only gripe is the how they plate the dover sole table side... sloppy. Other than that, excellent restaurant. Would rather go there than L20 or Trotters. Alinea still my top pick but it's excellent. Balsan is fantastic too for more casual dining.

A Chicago top 5 that doesn't include Schwa? Blasphemy!
post #1140 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmprisons View Post
A Chicago top 5 that doesn't include Schwa? Blasphemy!

So I suppose you failed the reading comprehension exam. Where are you getting that from?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Restaurant Recommendations