Originally Posted by Clench Million
Were you purposefully trying to contradict yourself in the span of two sentences?
There is no contradiction here. Reread what I wrote. I'll rewrite what I wrote in bullet points to make it easier, and add a couple of points besides.
1. Many of the rationalizations for buying some expensive products over others are simply ill-informed.
2. It would be ignorant to dismiss brands like 7FAM and True Religion as "garbage" based on little or no knowledge of what constitutes "quality", which is what I see a lot of.
3) Personal preference aside, there is something to be said for the cuts and washes and construction of brands like 7FAM and True Religion.
1) The margins on certain of the "niche" brands tend to be considerably lower than those for brands like 7FAM
2) The marketing budget for some of the niche brands is minimal to non-existent.
3) Certain niche brands do make objectively "better" product than the "mainstream" brands, and in general, the best
product tends to be produced by "niche" companies.
What's not to understand now?