or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What's your favorite cocktail?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's your favorite cocktail? - Page 6

post #76 of 95
Depends upon the time of year and where I am.

Summer around the pool -Mojitos
Hot, humid - Gin and tonic with a fresh lime
Winter- Manhattan or Martini
post #77 of 95
no man should drink a cocktail with more than 2 ingredients
post #78 of 95
Sazarac before dinner, scotch after...
post #79 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
no man should drink a cocktail with more than 2 ingredients

why
post #80 of 95
Been on an American whiskey/club soda/no lemon highball tear this year, I've tried almost every American whiskey sold in more than one place with water this point. Four Roses SB 100 proof, Buffalo Trace, or Blanton's with water, Evan Williams black label if you're on a budget. Mexican Coke has been blowing my mind since I've been out of the country for the past few years, and Rum and Cokes and Bourbon and Cokes have been exceptional, world-class cocktail bar status with this stuff. Mexican Coke as a mixer and then a wall full of scotch, American whiskey, liqueurs; put it somewhere in downtown LA - perfect Japanese cocktail bar. 900% backwards train of thought, but it starts from the details.
post #81 of 95
I've read multiple times you guys cheering for Mexican Coke. Is it that different from normal coke? Don't think it's available here.
post #82 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
no man should drink a cocktail with more than 2 ingredients

No cocktail should have less than 3 ingredients.
post #83 of 95
Belvedere Intense, with ice. If it's cold enough, no ice necessary (this is preferable). Pair it with a red bull for those 0-->1000 nights.

Summer...mojitos all the way. Ideally no syrup involved, but there are times when beggars can't be choosers.

Two oft ordered beers at the moment: Innis and Gunn (aged in whiskey barrels - lovely with a good meal); Steam Whistle Pilsner...nice taste, not too gassy.
post #84 of 95
New favorite: the Monte Carlo. Basically a rye Manhattan with Benedictine instead of vermouth. Amazing.
post #85 of 95
Old Fashioned with Rye whisky. Vodka Tonic Gin and Tonic - only certain gins like Hendricks. Mary Pickford in a collins glass
post #86 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post
I've read multiple times you guys cheering for Mexican Coke. Is it that different from normal coke? Don't think it's available here.

Less fake ingredients, real sugar. Haven't had it myself, but I've definitely heard good things.
post #87 of 95
yeah it's unrefined cane sugar vs high-fructose corn syrup plus all the chemical crap. Anybody who can get it (it was at my local small town supermarket for $1/bottle) owes it to themselves to try a Mexican Coke+a nice rum - it takes a usually shittily made drink to the next level and it's really noticeable, great stuff.
post #88 of 95
sazerac, gin martini with lemon peel, old fashioned, aviation summer drank: stinger, mint julep THE LAST WORD
post #89 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
yeah it's unrefined cane sugar vs high-fructose corn syrup plus all the chemical crap. Anybody who can get it (it was at my local small town supermarket for $1/bottle) owes it to themselves to try a Mexican Coke+a nice rum - it takes a usually shittily made drink to the next level and it's really noticeable, great stuff.
Definitely. It actually makes a rum and coke taste like a legit cocktail instead of just a mixed drink. I was skeptical until I actually tried it. You can get it at every supermarket here, and I live in the midwest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonds View Post
sazerac, gin martini with lemon peel, old fashioned, aviation summer drank: stinger, mint julep THE LAST WORD
We seem to have the same taste in cocktails, down to the lemon peel. However you left off my #1 which is the Manhattan (rye, bitters, no fruit).
post #90 of 95
if it makes you feel any better it wasn't intentional. i like my manhattans with a brandied cherry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What's your favorite cocktail?