or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes With Character
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoes With Character - Page 21

post #301 of 755
post #302 of 755
^SoCal2NYC, one could argue your shoes have attitude, but not nearly enough mileage to have developped character yet.
post #303 of 755
I present to you my circa 1972 Lowe hiking boots. In 1968 Crosby, Stills and Nash released their first album and went on to have a great influence with their plaid shirt, blue jean, hiking boot look. Until they came along, hiking boots always had a traditional look and laces. This new Euro style became quite the boot to have and I picked these up as I went off to college. I wore them non-stop for about 2 years and still wear them today for heavy duty work.

post #304 of 755
^ Much respect psg for still having those boots; I can only hope my Red Wing GT boots will be around in 36 years!
post #305 of 755
My very humble collection, before SF. After SF I made some "better" purchases that will post later...

Most of the "character" comes from the lack of shoe trees (that's something I learned in SF)



From left to right

Top row:
Caceres (made in Ecuador)
Democrata boots (brazilian maker)
Piedrahita (made in Ecuador)
Cole Haan
Some italian maker, Don't remember the brand

Bottom row:
Hugo Boss
Zara
Bally
Hegarty of Kettering

I know they are not CJ's, EG's, etc, but, don't be so hard on them when (if) commenting.
post #306 of 755
I came across this pair on ebay. Can anyone tell if they are shell cordovan?

post #307 of 755
Alden x Reindeer x SF collab?
post #308 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofit View Post


Phenomenal edge treatment!
post #309 of 755
Worn out Santoni Fam in ox blood.
LL
post #310 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster.8 View Post
Do a SEARCH ... Kettering is a region afaik, could well be a now defunct maker or shoe store ...



Kettering is a town in Northamptonshire
post #311 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
Prince Charles has the same problem and doesn't let it worry him FWIW.


Indeed! Was talking to someone who used to make shoes for HRH and he remarked how cracked some of Prince Charles' shoes are - he doesn't like throwing them away, ever! I do have sympathy with him there!
post #312 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavilanes View Post
My very humble collection, before SF. After SF I made some "better" purchases that will post later...

Most of the "character" comes from the lack of shoe trees (that's something I learned in SF)



From left to right

Top row:
Caceres (made in Ecuador)
Democrata boots (brazilian maker)
Piedrahita (made in Ecuador)
Cole Haan
Some italian maker, Don't remember the brand

Bottom row:
Hugo Boss
Zara
Bally
Hegarty of Kettering

I know they are not CJ's, EG's, etc, but, don't be so hard on them when (if) commenting.

Having never been to a zara (opening in chicago soon) I wasn't aware they sold shoes like that.

Those look quite nice, are they leather soled and reasonable quality? How much?
post #313 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Having never been to a zara (opening in chicago soon) I wasn't aware they sold shoes like that. Those look quite nice, are they leather soled and reasonable quality? How much?
I think Zara is way overpriced for what they are, but their marketing strategy never fails. Never liked the shoes they have, used do by a couple of shirts from time to time (casual use) but quality has declined a lot recent years.
post #314 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Having never been to a zara (opening in chicago soon) I wasn't aware they sold shoes like that.

Those look quite nice, are they leather soled and reasonable quality? How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster.8 View Post
I think Zara is way overpriced for what they are, but their marketing strategy never fails. Never liked the shoes they have, used do by a couple of shirts from time to time (casual use) but quality has declined a lot recent years.

I get the zara shoes very cheap. I purchased them on sale in Mexico 2 years ago and I think they went for USD 40 NIB (USD 80 Retail). To me (not an expert), they seem of pretty decent quality. They're made in Spain and have leather soles and leather lining. You can see the sole stiches along the edge in the upper and in the bottom, so, not glue jobs. They have nails in the heels. Also, they look good and get a lot of comments.

In my experience, in some of their dress shoes (you got to look up), you can get a good quality/price ratio (not everybody could live in C&Js and EGs). Same deal in the clothing: Good design (or designer knockoffs as some would say) and decent quality. Think in Banana Republic with an edge. Give it a try...
post #315 of 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather man View Post
Kettering is a town in Northamptonshire
Yeah. I did a search. Not much in google or SF about the shoes or their maker anyway...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes With Character