You may be clothing-obsessed if you have ever... ...run back to your room and changed you pants after realizing you were wearing two articles of clothing from the same designer. ...mowed your lawn and found four pairs of shoe trees. ...gone through your closet and used sticky notes to color-code matching suits, dress shirts, and ties. ...worn brown leather thong sandals in 38 degree weather just because they looked so damn good with those flat-front slacks, white collared shirt, and blazer. ...visited a Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Ralph Lauren, Kenneth Cole, and Donna Karen just to find a navy fabric belt.
You call a brown shoe's color by the corporate given name You read on SF that pleats are bad, so you get your tailor to remove the pleats from all your pants. Half a year later, your style evolves onto its own, and you decide you like pleats. So, you bring all your pants back to said tailor to have them re-pleated. (This is parodiable, of course.) You can speak intelligently, and at length, about various online suit tailors You scoff at Levi's, because everybody knows APC is sooo much better! You think of your girlfriend as an accessory You have been a member of AAAC or SF for five years or more
When you attend a funeral as a pall bearer and as you sit in the front row while everyone passes by the casket you critique everyone's clothing and shoes. As Lear said it's "no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, hmmm nice shoes, no, no, no...."
1. A major crisis in your life is when the dry cleaners presses your 3Sixteen denim against your expressed orders not to do so.
2. You have a 90 minute conversation with another guy talking about the finer points of shoes.
3. Your significant other compares you to Imelda Marcos.
4. You examine suits at stores to determine the quality of their construction.
5. You wear tailored clothing to a "business casual" office.
6. While dining out with your significant other, you wonder why men don't dress-up to go out for the evening any more, and watching a guy wear distressed denim in a "white tablecloth" restaurant bothers you.