or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › review of mytailor.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

review of mytailor.com - Page 4

post #46 of 78

I've ordered several suits from mytailor/Hemrajani Bros. and have always been quite pleased. The fit is great, quality is high, there are tons of hand finished details.

 

My last order was for two suits in winter weight 13 oz Italian wool flannels.  They came in at $965 each inclusive of import duty/sales tax/shipping/etc., which I feel is quite good value for the money considering they are made-to-measure, they do tons of hand finishing and neat details (surgeon cuff, tab adjuster on the waist, reverse pleats) and they're fully canvased.

post #47 of 78
I got a shirt from moderntailor once. Very mediocre.
post #48 of 78
I placed my first order with Joe at Mytailor.com for 4 shirts using some of the premium Thomas Mason fabrics. He sent me one shirt as a test. The fit was just as I had requested.( I have ordered numerous shirts previously from Borrelli in NY, SF and from WW Chan). I asked Joe to tweak the measurements a bit and to lengthen the color points for the remaining three. They were completed and shipped about 3 weeks after my appointment. The communications have been excellent. I think the price and value are excellent.
post #49 of 78

I can't speak for those who live around the world but since I live about 20 minutes from Joe I can take anything I want back for adjustments.  I have it on good authority that Joe is a perfectionist and having been fitted by him for four dress shirts and a custom designed jack shirt I have to admit that I believe it.  I am expecting the dress shirts within a week and the other in early April.  If I have any reason for dissatisfaction, I will take them back to Costa Mesa.  Considering that I have purchased the MTM shirts for less than I would expect to pay from Lands' End, I doubt that I will be the least unhappy.

post #50 of 78
Just received my first shirt. I was measured in Austin, TX by the guy Rhami or Rami. After some arm twisting, he let me order just one shirt. I went with a cheaper executive collection cloth.

I have to say I am really happy with it. WELL worth the money. The fit is about 90% there unwashed. The cloth is pretty average but I did not expect much. The finishing seems perfectly fine. I think it will stand up well. I asked for a split back and it worked well. The shirt is herringbone and it matches well.

I have two complaints. I had a monogram that was supposed to be block and came back in script. Its on the inside of the collar so not really worth fixing. The other complaint is the buttons are pretty crummy. I will see if they can upgrade next time.
post #51 of 78

Yes, they can.  All you have to do is ask.

post #52 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc894 View Post

Just received my first shirt. I was measured in Austin, TX by the guy Rhami or Rami. After some arm twisting, he let me order just one shirt. I went with a cheaper executive collection cloth.
I have to say I am really happy with it. WELL worth the money. The fit is about 90% there unwashed. The cloth is pretty average but I did not expect much. The finishing seems perfectly fine. I think it will stand up well. I asked for a split back and it worked well. The shirt is herringbone and it matches well.
I have two complaints. I had a monogram that was supposed to be block and came back in script. Its on the inside of the collar so not really worth fixing. The other complaint is the buttons are pretty crummy. I will see if they can upgrade next time.

The buttons aren't small mop buttons? I thought that was their standard. You can get thick MOP for $12 a shirt.
post #53 of 78

I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but does anyone know what the minimum order is if I visit the Costa Mesa office / go to a local fitting?   Thanks!

post #54 of 78
There is no minimum that I am aware of.

For anyone that has complaints on the fabric, please know that Joe has access to pretty much anything. He can get the finest shirtings and suitings you may want: DJA, Alumo, Monti, Zegna, Loro Piana, Dormeuil, Scabal etc... And Joe's prices on the super premium cloths are excellent.
I haven't bought a shirt anywhere else in over 3 years.
post #55 of 78
Has anyone else noticed that sometime in the last half year they seemed to switch the large MOP buttons? I always pay the extra $12 and used to get quite large in diameter and thick buttons, but lately have been getting buttons that are still beautiful and thick, but a little smaller in diameter. Is this specific to me, or did they switch sources?
post #56 of 78
I'm meeting Joe tomorrow in the Bay Area to order additional shirts and to look at fabric for fall jackets. SInce my last post, above, several people on Tumblr and Styleforum have asked me about my shirts and especially the collars. Several friends are now using Joe for shirts and each of them is delighted with the results. In each case they got them promptly and the fit was dead on. All of them ordered shirts while meeting Joe. He took all measurements.
post #57 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDonuts View Post

I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but does anyone know what the minimum order is if I visit the Costa Mesa office / go to a local fitting?   Thanks!
Replying months later, but no minimum. I have gone to their office several times to pick out the fabrics in person. I think I have 10 shirts from them now and love them all. For under $100 each (opted for 2 ply), I think they are a great bargain given that you can put your own little twist to them.
post #58 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I'm meeting Joe tomorrow in the Bay Area to order additional shirts and to look at fabric for fall jackets. SInce my last post, above, several people on Tumblr and Styleforum have asked me about my shirts and especially the collars. Several friends are now using Joe for shirts and each of them is delighted with the results. In each case they got them promptly and the fit was dead on. All of them ordered shirts while meeting Joe. He took all measurements.
+1. I have never met Joe, but have emailed him. His family has always been kind to me. People have asked about my shirts too, especially the modified club collar.
post #59 of 78
I meet with Joe of My Tailor this morning. I reordered 4 shirts and a cashmere jacket of Loro Piana fabric. I asked him about shirt buttons.

The standard shirt buttons on their shirts priced $89+ is a 2.5mm real pearl. For $12 you can add 4mm heavy MOP. Shirts $59- $85 come with Durapearl buttons from Italy. They are virtually unbreakable. All of these are the same buttons he has been using for years.
post #60 of 78
After buying twenty or so shirts from My Tailor, I've moved on. Joe doesn't travel to Milwaukee so I used another traveling tailor that works with them. I just didn't like the fused collars and the fact that they don't account for my dropped right shoulder and other, more subtle changes. Moved on to another maker who can address those concerns.


Rob
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › review of mytailor.com