or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you like the country you currently live in?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you like the country you currently live in? - Page 5

post #61 of 75
Enough.

I'm living in Oklahoma right now but I'll hopefully going to college somewhere on the East Coast.
post #62 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by selbsttatig View Post
Enough.

I'm living in Oklahoma right now but I'll hopefully going to college somewhere on the East Coast.

I think some people on this thread are having difficulty with the concept of "country."
post #63 of 75
I live in USA. Mahhhhhvelous!
post #64 of 75
I'm plotting to leave the US. When my parents go, I'll go.
post #65 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmt View Post
I think some people on this thread are having difficulty with the concept of "country."
Not really. I just meant that I've only lived in Oklahoma and it's fairly uninteresting. I don't really have any idea what the rest of the country is like. It's possible I'll want to stay in the US if I'm living elsewhere and I won't want to move to Europe. I didn't express that well at all though.
post #66 of 75
It's hard to say if you like your country, more so then the city you live in. i.e. Toronto is nothing like most of Canada, while New York city is nothing like farms in Indiana. They might as well be different countries.
post #67 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
It's hard to say if you like your country, more so then the city you live in. i.e. Toronto is nothing like most of Canada, while New York city is nothing like farms in Indiana. They might as well be different countries.

I have to say that you're the first person ever who has said Toronto has an amazing nightlife.
post #68 of 75
have you ever been here? the amount of clubs and things to do is crazy. not to mention the guvernment which is one of the biggest and best clubs in the world, you have circa which is also one of the craziest clubs etc. etc.
post #69 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
have you ever been here? the amount of clubs and things to do is crazy. not to mention the guvernment which is one of the biggest and best clubs in the world, you have circa which is also one of the craziest clubs etc. etc.

Umm... yea you could say I was there quite often for like 10 years. The nightlife sucks compared to Montreal. The only people who like Toronto's nightlife are sheltered Torontonians who haven't been to better cities.
post #70 of 75
ive been to montreal, ive went to clubs there, they also have a good nightlife. I dont know, what were you into that you didnt find anything, what kind of nightlife were you into? i doubt all of the top DJ's in the world would come on a regular basis to a city with a bad nightlife.
post #71 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
ive been to montreal, ive went to clubs there, they also have a good nightlife. I dont know, what were you into that you didnt find anything, what kind of nightlife were you into?

Toronto is very strict with its laws and the people tend to be really conservative and boring. One comedian put it best where they said Montreal was like the wild crazy cousin, and Toronto was the accountant who followed it around telling it not to break anything.

Government is cool, I went there all the time, but the clubbing scene is kind of pathetic (this according to many people who went to school in Toronto). Apparently most of the places don't even have bottle service.
post #72 of 75
i dont know when was the last time you were here? because every club definately has bottle service. yes montreal is known to be crazy because of their more european type attitudes etc. none the less toronto still has a top notch nightlife. the new club circa opend up by peter gatien, is far from conservative, considering they have naked girls serving ice cream and other crazy things there.
post #73 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
i dont know when was the last time you were here? because every club definately has bottle service. yes montreal is known to be crazy because of their more european type attitudes etc. none the less toronto still has a top notch nightlife. the new club circa opend up by peter gatien, is far from conservative, considering they have naked girls serving ice cream and other crazy things there.

I don't know dude when I and pretty much any other kid thinks of Toronto it's 30 year old bankers and people getting carded. I didn't even believe it was that bad until a friend showed me. I've never really heard of parties getting that crazy in Toronto, and the crowds everywhere seem to be a lot older. My house is not far from Toronto and my parents are in the city every week. My mom works in the city 2-3 days a week, and they're patrons of the new Opera House and Canadian Ballet company, so when I am home I am in Toronto getting dragged along to that or more fortunately the ACC. It's a very comfortable city to live in, but not really a young person's city yet. It's just too uptight in that regard. For everything else, it has Montreal beat. I should add that I was in Toronto every single weekend from the age of 14 to 18.
post #74 of 75
i dunno maybe your just going to the wrong places, because toronto is known for being a very open and accepting city. its not very uptight at all, i dont know, maybe well just have to agree to disagree. how old r u btw?
post #75 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
i dunno maybe your just going to the wrong places, because toronto is known for being a very open and accepting city. its not very uptight at all, i dont know, maybe well just have to agree to disagree. how old r u btw?

I don't care that it's open or accepting. I'm not a transvestite, I'm a regular college age male. I'm sure Church st. is great if that's your thing, but Toronto kinda like D.C.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you like the country you currently live in?