or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Blog update: Rubinacci jacket, Anna M. shirt, Ambrosi pants, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blog update: Rubinacci jacket, Anna M. shirt, Ambrosi pants, etc. - Page 12

post #166 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
No stays or any place to put them. When I asked Anna about making my collars so that they could fit stays, she frowned scornfully at me.

Can you wear the shirt with a tie?
post #167 of 172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSN125 View Post
Can you wear the shirt with a tie?

Why not? I'm wearing a tie with it on my blog.
post #168 of 172
right..lol
post #169 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Why not? I'm wearing a tie with it on my blog.

Yes, I noticed. I guess im curious as to how 'bulky' (if at all) the tie looks through the collar. Hard to gauge in the photo...
post #170 of 172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSN125 View Post
Yes, I noticed. I guess im curious as to how 'bulky' (if at all) the tie looks through the collar. Hard to gauge in the photo...

The soft collar does ripple a little bit, but the effect is much less pronounced if a lighter tie is used. When I wear a thin Atkinson's Irish Poplin tie from J. Press, there's virtually no rippling at all. My thickly-lined Marinella ties are another story, though.
post #171 of 172
How do I join your blog site? I used to read your blog but now when I try and read it it goes to a sign in page that says one must be invited to read you blog, thanks.
post #172 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmartz View Post
How do I join your blog site? I used to read your blog but now when I try and read it it goes to a sign in page that says one must be invited to read you blog, thanks.

Click the link that says "tweed in the city"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Blog update: Rubinacci jacket, Anna M. shirt, Ambrosi pants, etc.