or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Television Series Are You Watching?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Television Series Are You Watching? - Page 5

post #61 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Speaking of that, we're still slowly working our way through West Wing. We just finished season two, where, without spoiling for anyone who hasn't seen it, the "Two Cathedrals" episode took place. That episode= pure amazingness.

"Have I displeased you, you feckless thug?" I forgot how damn good those first 5 seasons were.
post #62 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
"Have I displeased you, you feckless thug?" I forgot how damn good those first 5 seasons were.

Those first 5? Were the last 2 not very good??

P.S. ---> yeah the first two have been incredible. So well written. If only it were like that in reality.
post #63 of 127
Last summer I was watching the first season of Miami Vice. I have a few episodes left to finish and then I might watch season 2, but I'll likely hold these until the summer time once Lost and the Office are done.

Oh yeah, I've been watching Ax Men a lot lately. This show is really manly and good.
post #64 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Those first 5? Were the last 2 not very good?? P.S. ---> yeah the first two have been incredible. So well written. If only it were like that in reality.
They were good by the standard of regular television, and I watched all of them, but Sorkin left after the 4th season (also Rob Lowe). Obviously, the dialogue changed, and story shifted focus a bit, most significantly in the final 2 seasons (I won't spoil it for you). For whatever reason, I remember the 5th season as pretty similar to the first 4, but after that there was a more marked change. As good as the writing was, it's the cast that always kills me about the West Wing...every last one of them was exceptional. Of course, the writing/direction/production makes everybody look good. So yeah, enjoy those first 5. Really great show.
post #65 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post
They were good by the standard of regular television, and I watched all of them, but Sorkin left after the 4th season (also Rob Lowe). Obviously, the dialogue changed, and story shifted focus a bit, most significantly in the final 2 seasons (I won't spoil it for you). For whatever reason, I remember the 5th season as pretty similar to the first 4, but after that there was a more marked change. As good as the writing was, it's the cast that always kills me about the West Wing...every last one of them was exceptional. Of course, the writing/direction/production makes everybody look good.

So yeah, enjoy those first 5. Really great show.

Well I look forward to finding out, definitely.

Just watched the episode Isaac and Ishmael. I think it would have been really moving and even more powerful if I had seen it when it aired originally, after the 9/11 attacks.
post #66 of 127
The Ultimate Fighter 7 : Team Rampage vs Team Griffin
post #67 of 127
I just remembered. The Office comes back tonight.

Since I haven't had much to watch lately I've been watching The History Channel, Discovery Channel, and National Geographic more than normal.

There was an awesome documentary on Discovery HD Theater last night called The Real Superhumans. It was done really well an very interesting. There was a guy who can create algorithms in his head to compute unbelievably large numbers and there was another guy who was born without eyes who could paint and draw fairly well. One guy could warm his body up automatically if he started getting too cold.
post #68 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchen View Post
I just remembered. The Office comes back tonight.


Thanks for the reminder! 9 pm- yes?
post #69 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by countdemoney View Post
My guilty pleasure is Psych! with all its 80's pop trivia. It is a very fun show.
I enjoy this one too. The characters are really well-developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchen View Post
I just remembered. The Office comes back tonight.

Should be awesome.
post #70 of 127
Dexter
Dirt
The Office
Wire in the Blood
New Amsterdam
Bones
Kingdom

Reruns of Huff
post #71 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Thanks for the reminder! 9 pm- yes?

Yes, it's at 9. Seems like it ought to be funny!
post #72 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchen View Post
Yes, it's at 9. Seems like it ought to be funny!

Well, overall it was pretty good.

It could have been better..... but it was great to see Jim's combination of
all rolled into one face again. And Jan's breasts are still lookin nice.


The Hunter CD bit was a funny touch, as was Jan thinking Pam and Michael used to date! And Angela with the rose Andy tried to give her. "What am I supposed to do with this?" and then smashing the ice cream on his car! lol
post #73 of 127
I just finished Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica, after watching the mini series of course. I finally got into it after everyone kept raving about it. I'm hooked! It's incredible.
post #74 of 127
I thought it was an enjoyable episode as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
And Angela with the rose Andy tried to give her. "What am I supposed to do with this?" and then smashing the ice cream on his car! lol

Angela Kinsey (the actress who plays Angela Martin in The Office) is pregnant. I'm really hoping that it's written into the storyline as Dwight's baby.
post #75 of 127
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I think Angela Kinsey is kind of hot. I liked the episode last night but I wish they were all an hour.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › What Television Series Are You Watching?