• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitsupply - cheap bespoke

Deipnosophist

Reaction score
http://www.suitsupply.co.uk/

In London, this is on Vigo Street (where Boateng once was, and just off Savile Row). It offers RTW at £200 and full bespoke (made from scratch, though you get no fittings) at £300 - £800.

Any of you heard of this place? What are your opinions?

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deipnosophist
http://www.suitsupply.co.uk/ In London, this is on Vigo Street (where Boateng once was, and just off Savile Row). It offers RTW at £200 and full bespoke (made from scratch, though you get no fittings) at £300 - £800. Any of you heard of this place? What are your opinions?
they apparently have a bit of a following on the Dutch SF There is also an article on times online: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle3524068.ece hth Speed

Wicky

Reaction score
Speed is correct http://www.suitsupply.nl/

Was originally set up by a Dutch guy (Fokke whatshisface) and has quite a view shops accros the Netherlands. Its okay for young starting professionals but you outgrow it.

7smcb

Reaction score
Anyone actually bought anything there? How does it wear?

7smcb

Reaction score
bump!

Anyone have any sense of the quality of suitsupply - either MTM or RTW - what would you compare their suits to in terms of quality?

Richard FN

Reaction score
Suit Supply offers Personal Tailoring or Made to Measure as it is commonly known, but not bespoke. Around 35 measures can be changed , using the closest fitting jacket and trousers. These measurement changes create a unique profile from which your suit/shirt is created. Suits currently start at £399. The choice of around 600 cloths can rise up to £2000. There are many other details such as pocket style, linings, buttons etc to choose from. The full-canvas internal construction is a significant detail which sets it apart from many other personal tailored suits.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wicky
Its okay for young starting professionals but you outgrow it.

What exactly does this mean? Are the suits poorly constructed/styles very "youth"?
I have walked past their London shop a few times and have been tempted.
I would also be very grateful for some kind of quality comparison.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently been inside and liked the look of a couple of jackets. I, too, would be interested in the opinions and experiences of other members

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If There Are No Fittings Its Not Bespoke
Its Made To Measure.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty basic made to measure. Cannot be bespoke at that price and it really does not suggest a personal pattern which is essential. No fittings is pure RTW.

Probably a misleading trade description under English law even with the recent High Court ruling.

DutchDaedalus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wicky
Speed is correct http://www.suitsupply.nl/

Was originally set up by a Dutch guy (Fokke whatshisface) and has quite a view shops accros the Netherlands. Its okay for young starting professionals but you outgrow it.

Agree.

I owned a RTW suit of them some time ago (was forced to buy it, as part of a 'uniform'). Okay for the money but the button stance is way to high and the shoulders are ugly. All suits have working buttons on the cuffs and all pants are non pleated and are non cuffed.

Don't know much about their MTM program. But at that price point you could look for Canali/Caruso/Corneliani in the last period of the sales, or online at deep discount, suits of these brands are superior in every way.

fox81

Reaction score
there are other posts on suit supply

search is your friend

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
sounds too pricy for something you can't get custom fit (which sucks for me cause i have broad shoulders but the arm length on them is usually too long)

What? It's made to measure...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads