Originally Posted by beasty
Please allow me to retort.
1. How is Ronnie and Jay unnatural? Do they have bionic implants?
If its so easy as taking drugs as you say, thousands of americans would be walking around the streets looking like Jay clones and USAF would strike terror the second they step on Iraq soil.
All things being equal, you cant tell me any military want some scrawny instead of muscular men (not as human shield BTW).
2. To catch Ronnie or Jay taking drugs (allegedly) is simple. Do drugs testing on them. Do you think IFBB is stupid and never drug test? These are the lightning rods of criticisms, and they are surely drug tested comprehensively. Next you will be saying they took some magic pixie dust that allows them to evade all known drug tests. Wow! First they are unnatural and now, untestable!
3. You must read selectively. I said at first it was difficult with an empty bar but subsequently I can do front squats. However due to the pain of the weight caused by the bar on my delts, I decided to skip it.
4. I note that till to date you have deliberately failed to state what is your opinion of people like Ronnie and Jay and how I have supposedly misunderstood your opinion. You have not stated your ideal bodybuilding physique or ideal either, hmm I wonder why?
Is it because you are the same kind of 'bodybuilder' as those hetero men who tell their parents they just cant find a nice girl to settle down with but have an extensive stash of gay porn and find pictures of dicks on the internet oddly attractive?
Please allow me to retort to your retort:
1) By "not natural" I meant "on drugs." That's usually what it means in a bodybuilding context. Yes, anyone on the street could load up on drugs and get huge, but only if they put in the work. Some stockbroker who takes steroids and wants to get big on the weekends is not going to be as big as Ronnie because he doesn't have the time or the motivation to work as hard. Nobody is saying that bobybuilders don't work hard. The point is that many of them, because they use various drugs, are bigger than they would have been through hard work and eating alone.
Also, most militaries would not want huge soldiers. They would probably prefer lean guys with a high strength/weight ration. It's not cost-effective to feed 250-lb guys. The less excess mass soldiers are lugging around, the less they eat. In this day and age, when most combat does not take place hand-to-hand, excessively large soldiers would be a liability.
2. It's possible to avoid a positive result on a drug test even if you've been taking drugs. Jay, at least, has tested positive in the past. Just from a very quick google search: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...19/ai_82476418
3. If it hurts, you're not doing it correctly.
4. This came up in the first thread you got involved with here. Have you forgotten already? People like Ronnie and Jay, while impressive on a bodybuilding stage, have increased their body mass to disproportionate and unaesthetic levels. When they get off the stage and put clothes on, I think they look ridiculous and a little grotesque. Their overlarge muscle mass does not provide them with any additional performance benefits that could not be achieved at a lower bodyweight. They embody an ideal which I do not hold myself.
I don't consider myself a bodybuilder. And gay porn? Finding dicks attractive? No, sorry.