or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Lunges: Pick your poison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lunges: Pick your poison - Page 11

post #151 of 190
I'm sorry - I am traveling this week and went into a gym that cateers to amateur body builders (or, that is the way it looks to me, it obviously doens't attract serious lifters). all sorts of pretty, well cut people lifting tiny little weights. really, there were no substantial weights at all.

you can't argue that these guys are masculine - you want masculine look at guys who are actually picking up weights - not checking out how they look when they pick up weights.
post #152 of 190
^^Seriously. I think the obsession over "manly men" is kind of ridiculous on, of all things, a Style Forum, but Olympic lifters are "manly men". Powerlifters are manly men. Bodybuilders, not so much.
post #153 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
This is a no brainer. If you are a chick, you want to date a:

1. A metrosexual who knows more about skin/hair/body care than you, cries like a baby after sex and watching Pixar cartoons and have a medicore acceptable body? Or
2. A manly man who is kind, sensitive, in touch with hiimself, not afraid of hard work, willingness to sacrifice, long term goal oriented and bigger than a brick shithouse?

I give you 10 seconds to give me the answer.


This does nothing to prove your point. You assume that 2 is the correct answer, which it may not be, and you haven't proven that bodybuilders fall into category 2. Nice try.

Also, I think that if anyone actually did the research on this, they'd find that non-bodybuilder athletes get more and better-looking women than bodybuilders do.
post #154 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoph View Post
Also, I think that if anyone actually did the research on this, they'd find that non-bodybuilder athletes get more and better-looking women than bodybuilders do.

...And that ugly rich guys outdraw them both.
post #155 of 190
QED, bitches.
post #156 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
This is a no brainer. If you are a chick, you want to date a:

1. A metrosexual who knows more about skin/hair/body care than you, cries like a baby after sex and watching Pixar cartoons and have a medicore acceptable body? Or
2. A manly man who is kind, sensitive, in touch with hiimself, not afraid of hard work, willingness to sacrifice, long term goal oriented and bigger than a brick shithouse?

I give you 10 seconds to give me the answer.

are you 13 years old? No sense of logic, no insight into personality types, uses idiotic generalizations to make points, uses the phrase "manly man."
post #157 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
I'm sorry - I am traveling this week and went into a gym that cateers to amateur body builders (or, that is the way it looks to me, it obviously doens't attract serious lifters). all sorts of pretty, well cut people lifting tiny little weights. really, there were no substantial weights at all.

you can't argue that these guys are masculine - you want masculine look at guys who are actually picking up weights - not checking out how they look when they pick up weights.

You must have chanced upon the gym for natural bodybuilders.
It is essential for bodybuilders to use heavier and heavier weights for progressive development.
post #158 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoph View Post
This does nothing to prove your point. You assume that 2 is the correct answer, which it may not be, and you haven't proven that bodybuilders fall into category 2. Nice try.

Also, I think that if anyone actually did the research on this, they'd find that non-bodybuilder athletes get more and better-looking women than bodybuilders do.

OK. Wise guy. Since you are so smart, if you are a chick, would you pick 1 or 2?
Once you have answered, I will answer why bodybuilders fall into category 2.
post #159 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
^^Seriously. I think the obsession over "manly men" is kind of ridiculous on, of all things, a Style Forum, but Olympic lifters are "manly men". Powerlifters are manly men. Bodybuilders, not so much.

If by manly man, you mean fat overweight guys with a layer of fat covering their muscles.
post #160 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring The Noise View Post
All this talks about being manly men, (which bodybuilders are clearly do not. I can think of another profession where men have to pose oiled up in thongs to be judged by other men) leads me to believe you have deep rooted insecurities about your sexuality. I would much rather look like asafa powell, who has a world record etc than any bodybuilder

For god's sake! Thats only a small minor part of bodybuilding.
Based on your argument, bodybuilders must be gluttons and sleephog because they dedicate alot of their time to eating and sleeping?
post #161 of 190
After reading over this thread it's clear that beasty is either a troll or is too narrow-minded to even consider someone else's opinion (something that bodybuilding can do to your ego). beasty, you seem to have sorted the WHOLE population of men into two categories, those that are huge and "sensitive" to woman's feelings, and those that are average and overly-sensitive. I mean come on, what the fuck. You are dense.
post #162 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
OK. Wise guy. Since you are so smart, if you are a chick, would you pick 1 or 2?
Once you have answered, I will answer why bodybuilders fall into category 2.

You obviously have no idea how this works. Even if I answered that hypothetical question, my answer would be irrelevant because I'm not female. You asked about the type of guy women would actually pick, not the type of guy men would pick if they were hypothetically female. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bure View Post
After reading over this thread it's clear that beasty is either a troll or is too narrow-minded to even consider someone else's opinion (something that bodybuilding can do to your ego).

beasty, you seem to have sorted the WHOLE population of men into two categories, those that are huge and "sensitive" to woman's feelings, and those that are average and overly-sensitive. I mean come on, what the fuck. You are as dense.

+1. And this thread isn't even his craziest.
post #163 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoph View Post
You obviously have no idea how this works. Even if I answered that hypothetical question, my answer would be irrelevant because I'm not female. You asked about the type of guy women would actually pick, not the type of guy men would pick if they were hypothetically female. Try again.



+1. And this thread isn't even his craziest.

Hah! You have asked me something which I will reply provided you answer the above point. It does not matter if you think its irrelevant. I will determine its relevant.

Einstein, what is my craziest thread?
post #164 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bure View Post
After reading over this thread it's clear that beasty is either a troll or is too narrow-minded to even consider someone else's opinion (something that bodybuilding can do to your ego).

beasty, you seem to have sorted the WHOLE population of men into two categories, those that are huge and "sensitive" to woman's feelings, and those that are average and overly-sensitive. I mean come on, what the fuck. You are dense.

How am I a troll or narrow minded when I have rebutted and showed how other's opinions are dead wrong? In fact it is the other naysayers who are tolls and narrow minded and utterly unable to show why I am wrong. I would gladly accept their points if they can prove as such.

As for the 2nd para, clearly it was tongue in cheek and pointed at the men's health brigade who thinks their bird chest and legs are oh so attractive to the same, I mean opposite sex.
post #165 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
How am I a troll or narrow minded when I have rebutted and showed how other's opinions are dead wrong?

What does the former have to do with the latter?

You're the densest motherfucker I've ever communicated with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Lunges: Pick your poison