or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Lunges: Pick your poison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lunges: Pick your poison - Page 8

post #106 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
Plus, let's face it, maybe 0.5% of the population, at most, actually thinks that bodybuilders look good. Movie stars look good. Athletes often look good. Models are paid to look good. Bodybuilders... look like an anatomy lecture demonstration gone horribly wrong. That they've devoted almost every aspect of their lives to becoming a walking medical anomaly makes me respect them in the same way that I respect, say, an Olympic figure skater. I recognize that it takes tremendous hard work and dedication, as well as genetic gifts, and to that extent I think it's noteworthy and commendable... and I am still left fundamentally unmoved.

1. What? Walking medical anomaly? What? I would agree to that if it is the elephant man but Ronnie, elephant man? What? What have you been smoking?
Every and I mean every part is proportionate. I would agree with you if Ronnie's biceps is bigger than his head and he put implants in it. But that is not the case.

I have already said Ronnie et al do not have oversized bodies to their heads.

2. I do not know what would move your cold black unmoving and unfeeling heart. If the fact that bodybuilders have died pursuing their love for the sport for little reward does not move you, I dont know what will.
post #107 of 190
Where is this survey which reports that 95% of the population thinks pro bodybuilders are aesthetically pleasing? I don't remember offering my opinion on that one, but I'd be glad to if anyone asked me.

Died pursuing their "sport"? Two words: Darwin Awards.

If I'm not allowed to comment on bodybuilding because I'm not a bodybuilder, should I just resort to mocking you for not being able to front squat an empty bar?

This is a very interesting bodybuilding-conversion program you're trying to institute here. I think I can feel it working already... sinking in like shoe polish into Iron Jay's ever-so-masculine pores. Oh how I long to have the impressive and testosterone-laden and sublimely aesthetic charred skin-tone of a survivor of the Dresden firebombing...

Why have I been cursed with a stomach too small to contain a roost of whole chickens? My inferiority whispers to me in the night with a voice like blackest death.
post #108 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring The Noise View Post
I have never understood the appeal the "sport" of professional bodybuilding. Latent homosexuality aside, the winner never has to lift a single weight to actually win the competition.


This guy would eat Ronnie Coleman and any other pro bodybuilder alive
Powerlifting > bodybuilding
It's like comparing runway modeling to professional major league sports

+1
post #109 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoph View Post
Where is this survey which reports that 95% of the population thinks pro bodybuilders are aesthetically pleasing? I don't remember offering my opinion on that one, but I'd be glad to if anyone asked me.

Died pursuing their "sport"? Two words: Darwin Awards.

If I'm not allowed to comment on bodybuilding because I'm not a bodybuilder, should I just resort to mocking you for not being able to front squat an empty bar?

This is a very interesting bodybuilding-conversion program you're trying to institute here. I think I can feel it working already... sinking in like shoe polish into Iron Jay's ever-so-masculine pores. Oh how I long to have the impressive and testosterone-laden and sublimely aesthetic charred skin-tone of a survivor of the Dresden firebombing...

Why have I been cursed with a stomach too small to contain a roost of whole chickens? My inferiority whispers to me in the night with a voice like blackest death.

1. The same survey conducted by the master of sweeping statements and irresponsible slurs, Saucemaster.

2. Since you cant even bodybuild, you know squat about front squats.
Dont worry I will train my wheels tonight and I will conquer front squats in salute of Ronnie.

3. Keep up with your mocking. While you continue posting these, other bodybuilders would have moved you by. Bye bye.
post #110 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
blah blah... cant even bodybuild... blah blah

I think you're missing the point. Bodybuilding, to me at least (the Ronnie and Jay type of bodybuilding), is completely useless. What purpose would it serve to devote all of my time, energy and money to building up a fake baked, unhealthy, uncomfortably big body? To get that big would be like a disability. I'm 6'6" and around 220lbs right now, and add 100lbs of muscle to get close to those guys would make sports impossible, and traveling (cars, airplanes, trains, etc.) harder than it already is at my size. To get a lot bigger I'd lose a lot of speed, quickness and jumping ability, as well as the wear and tear on knees, ankles and my back. I lift weights often for sports, and never for the sake of oiling up in a thong and posing for people.

Waaiiiiit.. this must be a big buildup to an april fools joke.. it has to be. unless you're like 14 and read nothing but FLEX magazine... Am I right? April fools? ... please?
post #111 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kever View Post
I think you're missing the point. Bodybuilding, to me at least (the Ronnie and Jay type of bodybuilding), is completely useless. What purpose would it serve to devote all of my time, energy and money to building up a fake baked, unhealthy, uncomfortably big body? To get that big would be like a disability. I'm 6'6" and around 220lbs right now, and add 100lbs of muscle to get close to those guys would make sports impossible, and traveling (cars, airplanes, trains, etc.) harder than it already is at my size. To get a lot bigger I'd lose a lot of speed, quickness and jumping ability, as well as the wear and tear on knees, ankles and my back. I lift weights often for sports, and never for the sake of oiling up in a thong and posing for people.

Waaiiiiit.. this must be a big buildup to an april fools joke.. it has to be. unless you're like 14 and read nothing but FLEX magazine... Am I right? April fools? ... please?

You are clearly overthinking things.

Based on your train of thought, should you then not buy a lottery ticket because all your friends and relatives would chase you for a loan and you would lose all privacy?
Not pick up that hot chick because you would be fending off her admirers and you would spend all your time thinking where she is, who she is seeing, who she is bonking?

Do you do all that? No! You live life as it is and take chances as they come.
So should you aspire to be like Jay? Yes.
What if you cant buy suitable clothes or travel? Tough titty!
But trust me, you would not want to give that up once you get there.

Reach for the stars mate.
post #112 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post

2. I do not know what would move your cold black unmoving and unfeeling heart. If the fact that bodybuilders have died pursuing their love for the sport for little reward does not move you, I dont know what will.


all sorts of idiots choose to pursue stupid activities and get their stupid asses dead in the process. doens't mean I have to admire it
post #113 of 190
Holy shit what a thread. Is this the same guy that posted that walnut-cracking-ass article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
And you listen and abide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
Yeah, I'll get right on that.
Justin, how did you not catch this one? The dude abides man, the dude abides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Your sarcasm is unwarranted. The fact is there is no magic drug to make a person grow big. If there were, you bet many rogue states like Iran and North Korea would pump their soldiers full of it regardless of legality and health hazards.
You mean like East Germany and the USSR didn't do with dbol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano View Post
Hell from knowing that it adds lean muscle mass with little to no extra fat gained, as well as not degenerating into estrogen makes it enticing already, not to mention sister drugs like Miotolan.
Careful man, winstrol totally cuts of testosterone production in the body. And you're going to need a lot of testosterone to bang broads like a real, perfectly proportioned, tanning lotioned bodybuilder with a little pee-pee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
If its so easy as taking drugs as you say, thousands of americans would be walking around the streets looking like Jay clones and USAF would strike terror the second they step on Iraq soil.
USAF rarely step on Iraqi soil. Too few golf courses.

Quote:
All things being equal, you cant tell me any military want some scrawny instead of muscular men (not as human shield BTW).

<--raises hand

Quote:
2. To catch Ronnie or Jay taking drugs (allegedly) is simple. Do drugs testing on them. Do you think IFBB is stupid and never drug test? These are the lightning rods of criticisms, and they are surely drug tested comprehensively. Next you will be saying they took some magic pixie dust that allows them to evade all known drug tests. Wow! First they are unnatural and now, untestable!

So why are the bodybuilding.com forums the internet mecca for steroid information?
bodybuilding.com steroids forum subforum of "IFBB Pro Bodybuilding"
The "Contest Prep Cycle" Thread
* General Information on Anabolic Steroids *
Propecia as a masking agent for steroids
Anabolic Athletics- by Charlie Francis (Ben Johnsons Coach)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
Before you mislead the rest, I did not say weight training is only limited to bodybuilding. What I said was bodybuilders should comment on bodybuilders. Since you are not, far be it for you to comment.
You know, I like this. Iraq threads in the CE forum would have a lot less idiocy (at least in my addled brain) if I were in there talking to myself. Manton can talk to himself about politics, and you can oil yourself up in your own little body consciousness forum!
post #114 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
1. What? Walking medical anomaly? What? I would agree to that if it is the elephant man but Ronnie, elephant man? What? What have you been smoking?
Every and I mean every part is proportionate. I would agree with you if Ronnie's biceps is bigger than his head and he put implants in it. But that is not the case.

I have already said Ronnie et al do not have oversized bodies to their heads.

2. I do not know what would move your cold black unmoving and unfeeling heart. If the fact that bodybuilders have died pursuing their love for the sport for little reward does not move you, I dont know what will.

Let me say, first off, that "cold black unmoving and unfeeling heart" might be the best compliment I have ever received. I went from some dude posting snarky comments on an internet message board (devoted to fashion!) to Machiavelli's go-to guy in the space of just a couple posts. How awesome is that?

And to address your "proportion" argument once again: are you high?

You believe that the aesthetically "perfect" human proportions, assuming there is such a thing in the first place, were actually impossible to attain until just the last few decades? What a strange twist of evolution.

At any rate, you can claim that Jay Cutler's head doesn't look like I put a Lego-man head on a GI Joe body all you want, but you haven't convinced anyone. Certainly not me. Pro bodybuilders heads look tiny, miniscule compared to their bodies. As do their feet, their wrists and hands, and most amusingly, you pretty much have to assume, their dicks. Yes, such paragons of proportion they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
Justin, how did you not catch this one? The dude abides man, the dude abides...

I am ashamed that I missed it, but even more ashamed that I missed:

Quote:
USAF rarely step on Iraqi soil. Too few golf courses.

post #115 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kever View Post
Waaiiiiit.. this must be a big buildup to an april fools joke.. it has to be. unless you're like 14 and read nothing but FLEX magazine... Am I right? April fools? ... please?

The jury is still out on this one.
post #116 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty View Post
1. The same survey conducted by the master of sweeping statements and irresponsible slurs, Saucemaster.

2. Since you cant even bodybuild, you know squat about front squats.
Dont worry I will train my wheels tonight and I will conquer front squats in salute of Ronnie.

3. Keep up with your mocking. While you continue posting these, other bodybuilders would have moved you by. Bye bye.

Too bad I missed Saucemaster's poll. I would have contributed some more irresponsible slurs.

Actually, bodybuilders won't be moving by me; I'm faster than they are.

If anyone has a monopoly on front squats, it's the Olympic guys, not bodybuilders. According to your earlier logic (using the term very loosely), it's you who shouldn't be talking about front squats because you're the one who can't do them. I, on the other hand, can. Does that mean I'm a better bodybuilder than you? Or, if you think about it for just a second... does it mean that front squats are very useful for purposes other than bodybuilding? Wow...blows your mind, doesn't it?
post #117 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoph View Post
Too bad I missed Saucemaster's poll. I would have contributed some more irresponsible slurs.

It was derived from Census data--you're in there somewhere.

I've made some pretty sweeping statements, but I'm still trying to figure out which were my "irresponsible" slurs, and how they could be made more responsible. I take my slurs very seriously, and I would rather not give the wrong impression.
post #118 of 190
I wonder if calling your slurs irresponsible was an irresponsible slur... One definition for "irresponsible" is "not responsible, answerable, or accountable to higher authority" (i.e. reason, logic). Have I just discovered beasty's modus operandi?
post #119 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoph View Post
I wonder if calling your slurs irresponsible was an irresponsible slur...

One definition for "irresponsible" is "not responsible, answerable, or accountable to higher authority" (i.e. reason, logic).

Have I just discovered beasty's modus operandi?

The Imaginaut, like the Ubermensch, recognizes no authority higher than himself.
post #120 of 190
Imaginauts ueber alles!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Lunges: Pick your poison