or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you like these cufflinks?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you like these cufflinks?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
http://www.cufflinks.com/classtripcuf.html And your opinio about the red ones here ? Are they blood red or burgundy? http://www.cufflinks.com/redstripcuf.html
post #2 of 15
These cuff links are fine, as long as you have other plain cuff links of good materials (solid sterling silver, gold, etc). The color looks dark red or maroon to me. Maroon is a timeless, classic color for ties and pocket squares. If you have such ties, then these cuff links may be a good choice. The price is right if the material is sterling silver.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
These cuff links are fine, as long as you have other plain cuff links of good materials (solid sterling silver, gold, etc). The color looks dark red or maroon to me. Maroon is a timeless, classic color for ties and pocket squares. If you have such ties, then these cuff links may be a good choice. The price is right if the material is sterling silver.
It seems to be sterling silver. Do you prefer red or blue ones?
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Quote:
(shqiptar @ 07 Nov. 2004, 09:32) These cuff links are fine, as long as you have other plain cuff links of good materials (solid sterling silver, gold, etc). The color looks dark red or maroon to me. Maroon is a timeless, classic color for ties and pocket squares. If you have such ties, then these cuff links may be a good choice. The price is right if the material is sterling silver.
It seems to be sterling silver. Do you prefer red or blue ones?
I prefer the blue. They'd look fine with a navy blue suit and white shirt. But they're both nice.
post #5 of 15
I like both pairs, but I think I'd personally get more use out of the blue ones.
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
These cuff links are fine, as long as you have other plain cuff links of good materials (solid sterling silver, gold, etc). The color looks dark red or maroon to me. Maroon is a timeless, classic color for ties and pocket squares. If you have such ties, then these cuff links may be a good choice. The price is right if the material is sterling silver.
Yes I have already 15 pairs of cufflinks but none with enamaled or striped.
post #7 of 15
Vintage enamel cufflinks Why buy new cufflinks when you can get great vintage ones for much cheaper? They hold their value also. And consider buying double sided pairs. The ones you are considering, with the toggle backs, look like they only have one side to them.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Vintage enamel cufflinks Why buy new cufflinks when you can get great vintage ones for much cheaper? They hold their value also. And consider buying double sided pairs. The ones you are considering, with the toggle backs, look like they only have one side to them.
I do not like double as : -it is less easy to put on - chain may break as I will probably pull on it to see if it is strong (i like to make tests of strenght.)
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Vintage enamel cufflinks Why buy new cufflinks when you can get great vintage ones for much cheaper? They hold their value also. And consider buying double sided pairs. The ones you are considering, with the toggle backs, look like they only have one side to them.
I could buy vintage, this is not a problem for me but where can I find navy/sky striped ovale cufflinks in silver ?
post #10 of 15
http://www.missinglinknyc.com/ Give my friend Michael Rodriguez in NYC a call. He has thousands of pairs of vintage cufflinks in his store. He should have what you want.
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
http://www.missinglinknyc.com/ Give my friend Michael Rodriguez in NYC a call. He has thousands of pairs of vintage cufflinks in his store. He should have what you want.
Thanks, I have this website but there is no links one can buy on it and I don't want to buy links on phone, especially when the seller is in US. I think I send once an email to your friend but never got any reply... If I go to NY, I will see your friend for shure.
post #12 of 15
Considering that men wear mostly blue shirts, it makes sense to buy the cuff links with the blue stripes. The cuff links with the dark red/maroon stripes are a bit more difficult to mix with the rest of the outfit. For both of them I would avoid wearing a solid tie, because the cuff links would draw all the attention, and would put you in the famous category of trying too hard. However, if you know how to combine different patterns, then most people will see it as a sign of your sofistication. This kind of cuff links is available in many men clothing outfits, therefore it wouldn't be neccessary to buy them from internet. I hope for that prize you find the sterling silver ones(not silver plated). You might have a bit of a cuff link fetish, therefore if you are very tempted better yield to it.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Considering that men wear mostly blue shirts, it makes sense to buy the cuff links with the blue stripes. The cuff links with the dark red/maroon stripes are a bit more difficult to mix with the rest of the outfit. For both of them I would avoid wearing a solid tie, because the cuff links would draw all the attention, and would put you in the famous category of trying too hard. However, if you know how to combine different patterns, then most people will see it as a sign of your sofistication. This kind of cuff links is available in many men clothing outfits, therefore it wouldn't be neccessary to buy them from internet. I hope for that prize you find the sterling silver ones(not silver plated). You might have a bit of a cuff link fetish, therefore if you are very tempted better yield to it.
I had never seen this type of striped links in a shop in Paris. I guess they are sterling silver. Thanks to euros and my friend Ken who will bring me them from US the price will not be so high = 80 euros When you see that a pair of simple Dunhill in silver is at least 173 euros it seems fair to pay 80 euros.
post #14 of 15
I like the blue ones better. The red are a bit too American-Trad for me.
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I like the blue ones better.  The red are a bit too American-Trad for me.
What is american trad?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you like these cufflinks?