or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green vs. Gaziano @ Girling (w/pics)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green vs. Gaziano @ Girling (w/pics) - Page 2

post #16 of 22
The main difference between the two designs is the size of the quarters (the two side pieces that carry the eyelets). Notice how G&G's counter is considerably shorter than EG's. As both designs carry five pairs of eyelets, the spacing in the G&G will be a bit closer and the counter might go a bit higher up. Therefore the G&G shows more vamp (forepart), even if we leave the difference in length out of the equation.



I suppose if you have a short, stubby foot G&G is the better design, as it makes your feet look longer and slimmer. If you have a long, slim foot, probably EG is the better design as it won't lengthen (visually) your foot even more. Whatever people say about the 202 last, the design looks absolutely wonderful in a narrow width (202 in C fitting is a pleasure; the last is even available in A and B fittings, although I have never seen a shoe in either of those fittings).
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
Whatever people say about the 202 last, the design looks absolutely wonderful in a narrow width (202 in C fitting is a pleasure; the last is even available in A and B fittings, although I have never seen a shoe in either of those fittings).
But hasn't the good old 202 then morped in the 82?
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
Whatever people say about the 202 last, the design looks absolutely wonderful in a narrow width (202 in C fitting is a pleasure; the last is even available in A and B fittings, although I have never seen a shoe in either of those fittings).

Here's a size 12 202last... with A fitting!
http://mausandhoffmanonline.com/Merc...roduct_Count=4
post #19 of 22
I´ve always felt that the 202 is underappreciated. I happen to like it a lot.
post #20 of 22
My two cents ... G&G is far more comfortable than EG... I have 7 pairs of G&G and counting. At UK11 it still looks better than a lot of other shoes out there
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakaushik View Post

My two cents ... G&G is far more comfortable than EG... I have 7 pairs of G&G and counting. At UK11 it still looks better than a lot of other shoes out there

 

You dug up an 8 year old thread to share that bit of insight?

post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

You dug up an 8 year old thread to share that bit of insight?


More likely to brag about the multiple pairs of G&G.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green vs. Gaziano @ Girling (w/pics)