or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer) - Page 116

post #1726 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post

I hope it was on sale at least.

haha no such thing as sales in Canada frown.gif wasn't my choice, buddy wants it
post #1727 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post



If you're interested, I think we could help you discover some far more interesting cocktails than vodka with cranberry juice. You might have to get some stuff though.

 

~H

Sure, lay it on me. Have to say I'm normally pretty staid with my choices in booze. With vodka I usually stick with vodka tonics or maybe a vodka martini.
post #1728 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Sure, lay it on me. Have to say I'm normally pretty staid with my choices in booze. With vodka I usually stick with vodka tonics or maybe a vodka martini.

censored.gif
post #1729 of 2024
Not sure what I would do with a bottle of vodka. Maybe use it to disinfect cuts?

If you insist on drinking vodka, I would try it with a shrub (a sweet and tangy syrup made from soaking a fruit or vegetable in vinegar) and soda water. I took a class on vinegar at the Columbia Room this past Saturday and drank an amazing cocktail made of homemade celery shrub, aquavit, and water. You can purchase fruit shrubs at Smucker Farms on 14th Street just north of U.
post #1730 of 2024
Bought one of the last Rémy Martin VSOP. I still have a little left in my old bottle, it was ok -- not best value though for 28-30€ --, but for 23,99€ it's a decent deal.

467
post #1731 of 2024
A couple things to hold me over for the weekend. Curious about the Angels Envy, neve had it but my liquormonger suggested it. It's a bourbon finished in port barrels.

1333166043.jpg
post #1732 of 2024
Was given a bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor, Tornado Bourbon last night. Very excited:

300

It's got a really cool story. http://whiskeyreviewer.com/2012/03/colonel-e-h-taylor-tornado-bourbon-whiskey-review/

and the makings of Sazeracs:

373

Turns out a family friend is from the Legendre family which makes the Herbsaint. Cool gift.

Also was given a bottle of this Benjamin Pritchard's bourbon, which interestingly is made in Tennessee:

350

We opened this because my sister gave it to me. It was very smooth, with some nice smokiness.

Anyone had any of these? We were also given a number of nice wines and champagnes but I'll save that for the wine thread.
post #1733 of 2024
467
post #1734 of 2024
I bought a bottle of white whiskey (Catoctin Creek Mosby's Spirit) to replace my almost-finished bottle of silver tequila. I think the white whiskey will be a little more versatile in cocktails. I also picked up a bottle of orgeat syrup.
post #1735 of 2024
Any rec for a decent value Calvados?

Also, I need a bourbon for mixing. I wanted to get Four Roses (1L for 18€), but it was out of stock. Is Four Roses fine?
post #1736 of 2024
Just bought a mixed case of Ganevat whites.
post #1737 of 2024
To lazy to take a photo, but i just unpacked the following:

St.Germain, Carpano Antica Formula, Both's Old Tom Gin, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao Triple Sec, The Bitter Truth Golden Falernum, TBT Xocolatl Bitters, TBT Travel Kit (containing Celery Bitters, Orange Bitters, Creole Bitters, Old Time Aromatic Bitters, and Jerry Thomas' Own Bitters), and Peychauds' Bitters.
post #1738 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

I bought a bottle of white whiskey (Catoctin Creek Mosby's Spirit) to replace my almost-finished bottle of silver tequila. I think the white whiskey will be a little more versatile in cocktails. I also picked up a bottle of orgeat syrup.

I've found most white whiskeys to be rather flat. I haven't tried much tequila so maybe it is much more flat. The best white whiskey I've had is Death's Door, sample that if you haven't already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Any rec for a decent value Calvados?
Also, I need a bourbon for mixing. I wanted to get Four Roses (1L for 18€), but it was out of stock. Is Four Roses fine?

My friend works for 4 Roses so I endorse you buying it. He has worked at a ton of great cocktail places in Boston. I'll get you some of his best recipes if you end up purchasing it.
post #1739 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

I'll get you some of his best recipes if you end up purchasing it.

Hey, hook me up with some of those recipes.
post #1740 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunrad View Post

To lazy to take a photo, but i just unpacked the following:

St.Germain, Carpano Antica Formula, Both's Old Tom Gin, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao Triple Sec, The Bitter Truth Golden Falernum, TBT Xocolatl Bitters, TBT Travel Kit (containing Celery Bitters, Orange Bitters, Creole Bitters, Old Time Aromatic Bitters, and Jerry Thomas' Own Bitters), and Peychauds' Bitters.
Nice. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

My friend works for 4 Roses so I endorse you buying it. He has worked at a ton of great cocktail places in Boston. I'll get you some of his best recipes if you end up purchasing it.
Much appreciated, thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)