or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer) - Page 99

post #1471 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
That's awesome! I've been searching for birthyear scotch, never thought about brandy. Will have to add that to the to kop list

Its a lot easier to find specific years of brandies than scotches. And yes, that is awesome!
post #1472 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Its a lot easier to find specific years of brandies than scotches. And yes, that is awesome!

Yeah, usually anything with grapes they have the specific vintage on there. With scotch if they don't list it, sometimes you have to do the math between the listed vintage and the bottling year. Not nearly as cool as having your birthyear on the bottle though
post #1473 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Fuck, that is an awesome bottle. We went through one earlier this year. It is my wife's birth year as well. We recently picked up a '74, which is quite good, but the '71 Gaube is the best I've had. Actually, when we were with Marc Darroze earlier this year, I asked him which armagnac in his cellar came the closest to perfection, and he suggested that one. Said it wasn't close, it was perfect, and since they actually bought the barrels a few years ago from the Gaube people, he was able to say that without any feeling of pride. Enjoy it. I am jealous.

Found it:



Kwilkinson almost busted his one nut when he tasted it.

You always have the best stories and it's nice you've been so good to young kwilk. Both my wife and I turn 40 next year so obviously the bottle is for that, but I had heard that this was one of the greatest armagnac's of the century so I had to have it. I know we're going to enjoy it.

That photo of yours is amazing too - I've searched far and wide for vintage calvados but the best I can find is xo coeur de lion... and that is strong stuff indeed.
post #1474 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron01 View Post
Yeah, usually anything with grapes they have the specific vintage on there. With scotch if they don't list it, sometimes you have to do the math between the listed vintage and the bottling year. Not nearly as cool as having your birthyear on the bottle though

What year were you born? There is prob. a Glenfarclas Family Cask for it.
post #1475 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
What year were you born? There is prob. a Glenfarclas Family Cask for it.

I know HP, Talisker, Mac and Laga made some bottlings with my vintage, so now it's just finding them, but there are always ways .
post #1476 of 2027
Angostura Bitters, Creme de Cassis, Cointreau. Stocking up on basics for cocktails.
post #1477 of 2027
Double Bastard
Rogue Santa's Private Reserve
North Coast Old Stock 2010
Noah's Mill Bourbon

Never tried the Noah's Mill, but I'm guessing I'll need to cut it with some BW as it's 114.3 proof.
post #1478 of 2027
Finally got 2 six packs of Christmas Ale.
post #1479 of 2027
I bought, perhaps, the last bottle of Schlafly Raspberry Coffee Stout ever sold on the legitimate market. It was produced to be sold exclusively in one store in St. Louis. I went to that store today to pick up some other items and I asked if they had any more of the stout. He guided me to the single final bottle. It is a 750 ml, so I'll have to drink it with friends. I understand it got decent reviews, so I am very excited to try it.
post #1480 of 2027
OK so the Campari is nothing but...the rum is a sort of Christmas present I managed to finagle. Look at the pics for more deets... yes yes! When I first came across this bottle in 07, I found a lot more info about it on the net. Now I can't find too much. I've had two small samples and that's all I'll be having for quite some time. Bottle number 46something or other for me. Edit: I'm also a cricket fan so this bottle is even cooler to me.
post #1481 of 2027
^^That's certainly one combination that I would have never thought to use - raspberry and coffee. Make sure to post up a review once you drink it.
post #1482 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
OK so the Campari is nothing but...the rum is a sort of Christmas present I managed to finagle. Look at the pics for more deets...



yes yes!



When I first came across this bottle in 07, I found a lot more info about it on the net. Now I can't find too much. I've had two small samples and that's all I'll be having for quite some time. Bottle number 46something or other for me.

Edit: I'm also a cricket fan so this bottle is even cooler to me.

I spent a lot of time in Barbados growing up and Cockspur brings back good memories - the bionic cock that spurs you on!
post #1483 of 2027
Woodchuck Amber Cider, it was delicious.
post #1484 of 2027
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
OK so the Campari is nothing but...the rum is a sort of Christmas present I managed to finagle..
Actually, I'm reasonably certain the Campari is something special -- if it says "colored with natural carmine" on the back then it is a bottle from before 2001, when they switched to arificial coloring insterad of extract from the carmine bugs. See your PM. ~H
post #1485 of 2027
Edit: I'm also a cricket fan so this bottle is even cooler to me.[/quote]

Any plans of attending the games for the upcoming World Cup in Asia?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)