or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

post #1 of 2027
Thread Starter 
In the vein of Tokyo's post in the Fine Living forum, post the newest acquisitions to your cellar, fridge, or bar. We have more than enough members interested in serious libations to make this a very interesting thread.

I'll start -- stopped off to grab a bottle of Cointreau and did some extra damage: St. Germain Elderflower liquor, a 1978 Dufftown single malt, and a Glenmorangie Sauternes cask malt. The St. Germain is really unusual and made me a great Aviation. Can't wait to try the Sauternes-aged Glenmorangie, though.




next...
post #2 of 2027
Excellent thread idea! I have nothing to contribute tonight, but just wanted to commend you on the thread.

Cheers!
post #3 of 2027
Connemara Cask Strength Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey

http://www.connemarawhiskey.com/_cas...skStrength.asp
post #4 of 2027
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Excellent thread idea! I have nothing to contribute tonight, but just wanted to commend you on the thread.

Cheers!

<laughs> Thabks -- I know you'll be a frequent contributor...get well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg1 View Post
Connemara Cask Strength Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey

http://www.connemarawhiskey.com/_cas...skStrength.asp

I like Connemara, but have never had the Cask Strength. I typically dilute it to under 80pf anyway, so I've never really understood the appeal (other than, effectively, getting more than the apparent 750ml). I expect that the higher pf would allow a greater quantity of alcohol-soluble flavor components to be present, but I've never had one go cloudy on me (indicating that those components were coming out of solution). How do you take it?
post #5 of 2027
1963 croft port 2004 rafinelli zin
post #6 of 2027
I actually just purchased most of the alcohol for the bar I'm putting together so here goes: Bourbon - Maker's Mark Knob Creek Woodford Reserve Pappy Van Winkle 20 Scotch - Macallan 12 Highland Park 15 Oban 14 Edradour 10 Vodka - Hangar One Kaffir Lime Hangar One Mandarin Blossom Rum - Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Mount Gay Extra Old Couple random liqueurs.. Still need to get a couple bottles of cognac/armangac that aren't 300 dollars a piece, and some other stuff that isn't coming to mind.
post #7 of 2027
^^^ I'm really gonna enjoy emptying these bottles for you in a few weeks.
post #8 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
^^^ I'm really gonna enjoy emptying these bottles for you in a few weeks.
Just two white guys sitting around drinking premium spirits.
post #9 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
^^^

I'm really gonna enjoy emptying these bottles for you in a few weeks.

Yea, all drinking will be done in a bar where you were pick up your own tab. You are not invited to the casa de kronik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Just two white guys sitting around drinking premium spirits.

Conne and I have had a couple conversations revolving around me telling some of the people I grew up with that I was sitting around sipping on single malts. Their reaction would be somewhat akin to your racist assessment.
post #10 of 2027
12x of this:

post #11 of 2027
Just got my new bottle of Jameson's 18. I've been out for about 5-6 days, so it'll be nice to crack open tonight.
post #12 of 2027
I just got a litre of Belvedere for $34 which I thought was a good price but have been told you can get it for less.
post #13 of 2027
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Just got my new bottle of Jameson's 18. I've been out for about 5-6 days, so it'll be nice to crack open tonight.
Nice!
post #14 of 2027
It was between this and a bottle of Blantons single barrel but I still have bottles of 1792 and woodford about half full and just cracked my bottle of makers last night.




I've never ventured into the Irish side so I'm hoping it's decent.
post #15 of 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in va View Post
It was between this and a bottle of Blantons single barrel but I still have bottles of 1792 and woodford about half full and just cracked my bottle of makers last night.




I've never ventured into the Irish side so I'm hoping it's decent.

More than decent my friend. It's alcoholic honey. Fantastic!

So, I presume you've tried some now. What do you think?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)