or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking - Page 49

post #721 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

So it's correct to say "this year I will go to Budapest to purchase a Budapester in the Budapest last?" smile.gif
Do you know why the style is called Alt Wien (old Vienna)?

I will go to Budapest for a Budapest in a Budapest? biggrin.gif
post #722 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

I will go to Budapest for a Budapest in a Budapest? biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

You know what? lets go nach Budapest (und Wien) zusammen
post #723 of 1304
I really like 2 and 3 eyelet derbies, I have a black pair and the brown below, anyone own a 2 or 3 eyelet in a last other than F?

Vass / Materna

London1.jpgmat2.jpg

London2.jpgmat.jpg
post #724 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

cheers.gif
You know what? lets go nach Budapest (und Wien) zusammen

zusammen sind wir stark - together we are strong. fistbump.gif
post #725 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

I really like 2 and 3 eyelet derbies, I have a black pair and the brown below, anyone own a 2 or 3 eyelet in a last other than F?
Vass / Materna
London1.jpgmat2.jpg
London2.jpgmat.jpg

+1 I have two pair from Ludwig Reiter in suede and water buffalo.
Not quite the same quality, I don't think. Nor the same price-point.
Vass coudln't fit me. And I was unaware of Materna at the time.
post #726 of 1304
^ I like those 2-3 eyelet derbies quite a bit. very nice.

My most recent Vass 5 eyelet derbies in scotch grain on a double sole. sort of Thom Browne-ish. Unfortunately, getting my size correct has been tricky for me and these are a bit too snug. :-(

vass_derbies.jpg
post #727 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

I really like 2 and 3 eyelet derbies, I have a black pair and the brown below, anyone own a 2 or 3 eyelet in a last other than F?
Vass / Materna

I was reading my post again and would like to clarify, I own only the Vass, not the Materna (unfortunately), that wasn't clear in my post I think.
post #728 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

^ I like those 2-3 eyelet derbies quite a bit. very nice.
My most recent Vass 5 eyelet derbies in scotch grain on a double sole. sort of Thom Browne-ish. Unfortunately, getting my size correct has been tricky for me and these are a bit too snug. :-(
vass_derbies.jpg

That is a shame, they are very nice. What is your size?
post #729 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

I was reading my post again and would like to clarify, I own only the Vass, not the Materna (unfortunately), that wasn't clear in my post I think.

it's been clear for me cheers.gif i had to reread it, though biggrin.gif
post #730 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

That is a shame, they are very nice. What is your size?

I'm a size 9US. I'm right between a 41 and 41.5 on the P2 last. 41 works lengthwise, but tight across the ball and instep. 41.5 heel slips.

Great shoes, though. The P2 last in perfectly balanced imo.
post #731 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

+1 I have two pair from Ludwig Reiter in suede and water buffalo.
Not quite the same quality, I don't think. Nor the same price-point...
...And I was unaware of Materna at the time.

you think right and approx. € 150,-
post #732 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

I'm a size 9US. I'm right between a 41 and 41.5 on the P2 last. 41 works lengthwise, but tight across the ball and instep. 41.5 heel slips.
Great shoes, though. The P2 last in perfectly balanced imo.

sheez, that's a pity. problem is, you cannot test the shoes long enough. these issues can go away or not. if not, you're sitting on them...

good luck with the hunt and thanks for stopping by. much appreciated happy.gif
post #733 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

it's been clear for me cheers.gif i had to reread it, though biggrin.gif

Well, you know just by looking smile.gif , sadly I wasn't the lucky one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

I'm a size 9US. I'm right between a 41 and 41.5 on the P2 last. 41 works lengthwise, but tight across the ball and instep. 41.5 heel slips.
Great shoes, though. The P2 last in perfectly balanced imo.

I see, we have different feet, I'm 8US and 40.5 and P2 fit perfectly
post #734 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Well, you know just by looking smile.gif , sadly I wasn't the lucky one

almost. they are not your size, which doesn't mean they don't have your size in their inventory. we'll find out...
post #735 of 1304

P3050162.jpgP3050160.jpgP3090157.jpgP3090158.jpgP3050140.jpgVassP2Chestnut6319194.jpg?t=1336207698P3050141.jpgP3050158.jpgP3050157.jpgP3050163.jpg

 

100_1496.JPG


Edited by Pliny - 5/5/12 at 4:45am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking