or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking - Page 45

post #661 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Now who is this person?

godfather of the town. he promised that all my friends will get their shoe trees.
post #662 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

godfather of the town. he promised that all my friends will get their shoe trees.

Promises are to be kept.....
post #663 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

I'm little surprised as mine all are pretty snug, infact I do have to use some force to take them out...

Yes, mine fit snug too and I have to use some force to take them out, but they don't fill that vamp/ lower instep area as full as G&G lasted trees lets say, if I push with my finger they give a bit. Nothing serious, I don't worry about it.

My only problem is that I wear a half size (40.5) and Vass only have whole sizes shoe trees, sometimes they send 40 and sometimes 41, the 40 are loose so I specifie a 41.
Edited by rikod - 4/27/12 at 12:42pm
post #664 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Yes, mine fit snug too and I have to use some force to take them out, but they don't fill that vamp/ lower instep area as full as G&G lasted trees lets say, if I push with my finger they give a bit. Nothing serious, I don't worry about it.
My only problem is that I wear a half size (40.5) and Vass only have whole sizes, sometimes they send 40 and sometimes 41, the 40 are loose so I specifie a 41.

PM sent.
post #665 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

... but they don't fill that vamp/ lower instep area as full as G&G lasted trees lets say, if I push with my finger they give a bit. Nothing serious, I don't worry about it..

well, this has been discussed several times before and there is no consensus.

here is a bespoke number from my old buddy luk-cha

GGBSDietas3-2.jpg

mother earth is not a plate, quasi
post #666 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

well, this has been discussed several times before and there is no consensus.
here is a bespoke number from my old buddy luk-cha
GGBSDietas3-2.jpg
mother earth is not a plate, quasi

Now this is truly a bespoke fit....GG must have charged a grand just for the trees I assume...
post #667 of 1304
Thread Starter 
i have to be honest. i'm enjoying the last few days with you and it's worth to continue...

hence, i share a write up, i did some time ago. i put the original version, which is written in my mother tongue, under a spoiler tag for those who are familiar with it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Was tun, wenn der Schuhmacher stirbt...?

Die "Turbulenzen" der vergangenen Tage haben mich auf die eine oder andere nostalgische Gedankenreise geschickt...

Es sind sehr viele schöne Erinnerungen, die sich im Kopf zu Bildern formieren...
(...und irgendwann in die Tastatur wandern werden. Heute bin ich zwar ausgeruht, jedoch nicht in Stimmung.)

In den letzten Jahren, waren diese jedoch meisst gepaart mit etwas Wehmut. Der Gedanke des Abschiednehmens wurde immer stärker und ausgeprägter und liess sich nicht mehr ignorieren.

Gott behüte, dass einer der von mir hoch geschätzten Schuhmacher vor den Schöpfer tritt, aber das Hämmern und Klopfen wird "bald" verstummen in den kleinen Werkstätten. Das ist die Realität. Einer hat mich bereits verlassen und ich bin froh für alle die Momente...

Es werden stille Abschiede werden, ganz ohne Aufsehen. So wie Männer halt mit solchen Dingen umgehen. Bei der Heimfahrt wird die eine oder andere Träne über die Wange fliessen. Ein Sturzbach ist nicht ausgeschlossen.

Dann ist da ja noch das Schuheputzen, das plötzlich eine ganz andere Bedeutung bekommt. Ohne ein Glaserl mit dem dazugehörigen Trinkspruch wird es wohl kaum mehr gehen.

Ich habe Gänsehaut...

What do you do, when your shoemaker dies...?

the "turbulences" of the past few days sent me on a nostalgic journey starting in my head...

there have been tons of wonderful moments, i have rediscovered and pictured....

Recently it's been undeniable paired with melancholy. the thought of all the upcoming farewells is killing and cannot be ignored anymore.

God beware, that it'll happen anytime soon, i have to face it that the hammering and tapping will be over in the small workshops. it's plain reality. one of them has already left and thankfully i'd been prepared... i'm glad for all the moments. R.I.P Kiss bacsi.

Quiet moments for sure, without sensation. how men deal with it. some tears flowing over your cheeks on your way back home. a torrent is not impossible.

you still have the shoes and the contemplative act of taking care of them, which turns into a whole differing meaning. pouring yourself a drink with the complimentary toast will be mandatory.

it gives me goose bumps...
Edited by fritzl - 4/28/12 at 10:31am
post #668 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Now this is truly a bespoke fit....GG must have charged a grand just for the trees I assume...

iirc, they are GBP 150,- only.

btw, don't mess with my buddy luk-cha, cause you mess with me then. this is a cozy and peaceful place.

he is missed.
post #669 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

i have to be honest. i'm enjoying the last few days with you and it's worth to continue...

hence, i share a write up, i did some time ago. i put the original version, which is written in my mother tongue

Great, thanks for posting this.

Enjoying this thread very much
post #670 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Now this is truly a bespoke fit....GG must have charged a grand just for the trees I assume...

iirc, they are GBP 150,- only.

btw, don't mess with my buddy luk-cha, cause you mess with me then. this is a cozy and peaceful place.

he is missed.

Maybe he's not my buddy, but I love him, he is responsible for three of my four favorite threads in SF. He is missed
post #671 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

iirc, they are GBP 150,- only.
btw, don't mess with my buddy luk-cha, cause you mess with me then. this is a cozy and peaceful place.
he is missed.

Even that seems a lot for a fit like that...
post #672 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Even that seems a lot for a fit like that...

i'm afraid, you don't get it. nvm.
post #673 of 1304
what happened to luk-cha?
post #674 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

The trees are top notch, just not meant for the Alden LWB. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Trees serve dual purpose to absorb moisture and retain the shape of the last, if they are not snug or fit neither will happen ...
298

i dunno, i have them in my hand and cannot complain. added two new pictures:

barriepaprika.jpg

barriepaprika1.jpg
post #675 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by terradilavoro View Post

i dunno, i have them in my hand and cannot complain. added two new pictures:

Now they look flush...and shoes are cool, wear them well..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking