Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Price Drop-BNIB Eward Green Malvern Mole Suede 8/8.5e 202 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- What to wear with these brown dress shoes to the club? Last post on 9/22/12 at 5:58am in Classic Menswear
- Fitting advice for my first pair of prestige John Lobb RTW Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Which pair of brown shoes -- double monks or derbies? Last post on 9/25/12 at 3:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Church's Consul - shape of toe box vs American makes of cap toe balmorals Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:17pm in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking - Page 81
Styleforum Top Picks
Even my Vass get this wrong.
It's not the biggest deal because I deal with it by cementing in an additional sockliner, but I yearn for a shoe that gets this right.
The Rain last (the only 1 I have experience with) is narrower, esp. in the toe box, but this pair of wholecuts is slightly loose in the heels. Another pair of Carmina derbies on the Rain (comparison pix to come soon) are also slightly narrow in the toes, but w/o the heel slippage. I think that I have high-ish insteps; if I lace the Carminas tight enough to stop the heel slippage, then I get pain at the instep. I get a little bit of rubbing at the instep in Paprikas, but not much.
My knowledge of shoes isn't good enough to explain exactly what I mean to say, but both pairs fit very similarly. The Paprikas don't need thick socks, even though it looks like they're wider at the instep, & the Vass don't need thin socks. I get a comfortable fit w/ both, esp. in the toe box, w/ the Paprikas rubbing a little on the instep. Gerd made the same comment about the toe tap. I'll have to get some put on.
- Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 seconds ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Inis Meain Linen Fisherman Sweater - White, XL 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...