or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking - Page 79

post #1171 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


here's a worthwile read on the topic: http://www.meisterstrasse.at/schuhe-zaisenberger/product/ausseer-tatscher-und-haferlschuh
likely it will keep you busy for the next three months hence you can pass a test of being a master in austrian tradition and history.

 

Thanks for the tip. This is the kind of homework that I enjoy.

post #1172 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdobson View Post

Thanks for the tip. This is the kind of homework that I enjoy.

you're welcome. heaven knows why it's not at least bilingual. anyway.
post #1173 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

breaking in those right now.
gk13.jpg
DSC00109.jpg


i see you keep the best ones for your self ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

this is indeed a tricky question. i visited him on thursday to pick up a few repairs, he has done for me. actually, i told him that i will pick up a last and then we should talk about my next project. he said something along the lines: i'll stop shoemaking for a while. my friends are building their houses and i want to give them a helping hand. well, he has a boot in the make and another haferl and this will it be for a while.
i let you know...

its a hard life
post #1174 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

a scotch for mister dobson, cheers
petkovscotch.jpg
picture from petkov.at don't miss the gallery happy.gif
nice. i am interested.
post #1175 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

breaking in those right now.
gk13.jpg
DSC00109.jpg
nice too
post #1176 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

nice. i am interested.

these are as stated from the bespoke gallery of workshop petkov. i posted them for ncdobson hence his new love for scotchgrain shoes.
post #1177 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

i see you keep the best ones for your self ;-)

well, when i picked them up a guy from germany wanted them. he gave me his measurements and it was clear that they wouldn't fit. he insisted on them, though. after going back and forth, I exchanged them for another pair and never offered them again. sometimes you have to reward yourself.

on top of that, there was a problem with the sole(hidden defect), which made me so angry that I shelved them until recently. problem is solved and I'm a happy camper.
post #1178 of 1303
Thread Starter 
another interesting report from the shoe-snob providing insight in the connection between Scheer and Maftei

http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.co.at/2012/02/maftei-interviewpost-by-claymoor.html

great job justin
post #1179 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

another interesting report from the shoe-snob providing insight in the connection between Scheer and Maftei
http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.co.at/2012/02/maftei-interviewpost-by-claymoor.html
great job justin

Thank Fritzl!

It's my pleasure to do the best that I can to spread the work of good shoemakers, no matter where they may come from, and to also break the naive idea that only good shoemakers come from certain countries....

-Justin
post #1180 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handmadeshoes View Post

Thank Fritzl!
It's my pleasure to do the best that I can to spread the work of good shoemakers, no matter where they may come from, and to also break the naive idea that only good shoemakers come from certain countries....
-Justin

that's exactly my spirit. i have to thank you for doing this great job. together we can be strong... happy.gif
post #1181 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you're welcome. heaven knows why it's not at least bilingual. anyway.

I am afraid I got lost in the Food and Pastry section, before I finally found
Harald Kammel Massschuh.
post #1182 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

I am afraid I got lost in the Food and Pastry section, before I finally found
Harald Kammel Massschuh.

glad you found him.

he doesn't take new customers though. I've seen his work as a friend is a long-time customer. impeccable.
post #1183 of 1303
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Is it sueded? How do you care for it? Love the shoes. Personally, I'd wax the laces though...

a little feedback after a few wearings. actually, they can really take it and it's obvious that they don't "need" a lot of care, if any...?

i'll try the the Burgol cleanser tomorrow, which supplies nourishing agents. that should it be for the moment. i'll let you know. stay tuned happy.gif
post #1184 of 1303
post #1185 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


nowadays, both are city versions. no one really uses them as a work shoe anymore. you wear it e.g. on church holidays with your best national costume.
the difference is the welt. the "goyserer" or "zwiegenäht" is a double welt, while on the burgundy pair it's a single contrast stitching with bigger gaps between the stitches. you don't see the second version very often, though. it's clearly a bespoke feature.

 

what's national costume?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking