or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking - Page 8

post #106 of 1304
Thread Starter 
..................
post #107 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post
Round heels?

can you decipher... ???
post #108 of 1304
Thread Starter 
.........................
post #109 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
me likey the suede split toe!

luk, i am afraid, they are a tad too big for you.

these are i.e. in your and kolecho's size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
various styles, photographs by János Szabó






ps: i have all measurements as of yet. but we measured outside, and i am not sure if this is accurate enough.
post #110 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
luk, i am afraid, they are a tad too big for you.

these are i.e. in your and kolecho's size:



ps: i have all measurements as of yet. but we measured outside, and i am not sure if this is accurate enough.



oh why not the ones i want
post #111 of 1304
Thread Starter 
the first two orders are in, great

these will be sent to a lucky customer in san francisco.



and these babies are on their long way to sydney soon.



congrats to the new owners and thanks for your confidence in a handmade and unique product.
post #112 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
the first two orders are in, great

these will be sent to a lucky customer in san francisco.



These are just beautiful shoes..
post #113 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
These are just beautiful shoes..

these are not in your size and sold.

i put you on the preorder list if you want. next shipment should be available at the end of the month.
post #114 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
these are not in your size and sold.

i put you on the preorder list if you want. next shipment should be available at the end of the month.

PM sent..
post #115 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
PM sent..

confirmed
post #116 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
These are just beautiful shoes..
post #117 of 1304
wow someone is a lucky soso - cant wait to see what available in in my size 41 just for reference

F keep me posted iDude
post #118 of 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

I thought so..
post #119 of 1304
fritzl, always admired craftsmanship of holzgennagelt, double sole, goyser et al, but do not have slightest idea about unexplained predominance of gibsons over oxfords that was so zealously pursued by that particular school of eminent craftsmen. gibsons by virtue are easier to fit, then three piece lasts pretty hard to come by elsewhere but in Hungary/Austria further contributes to what for me at least is a puzzle (in capital).
is there any story that offers sort of an understanding to that phenomenon?
post #120 of 1304
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemus View Post
fritzl, always admired craftsmanship of holzgennagelt, double sole, goyser et al, but do not have slightest idea about unexplained predominance of gibsons over oxfords that was so zealously pursued by that particular school of eminent craftsmen. gibsons by virtue are easier to fit, then three piece lasts pretty hard to come by elsewhere but in Hungary/Austria further contributes to what for me at least is a puzzle (in capital).
is there any story that offers sort of an understanding to that phenomenon?

do you mean derbies(open lacing) to be gibsons?

there is a story for sure, but i am not aware of it. maybe marcell hun of koronya can chime in. he did a lot of historical research within the austro-hungarian shoemaking trade. if one has an expertise on that, than he.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking