• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate this Suit Slovakian taylor

• Thread starter sdfas5342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

sdfas5342

Hello all,
I just received my first suit from a Slovak tailor:
It's a gray suit with a blue stripe, double buttoned. Cloth is Dormeuil Tropical Amadeus super 120's

the pictures:
2288153252_53237e2cab.jpg

2288217250_8554cbd624.jpg

2288218996_3ca58afba1.jpg

2288217936_49580fa97c.jpg

Taylor is Mr. Drahos in Bratislava.
price was 750 euros all inclusive.

I have a question:
he needed 3 meters of cloth and saturday in Vienna a tailor told me that he needed 3.25 for the vest and 1.5 for the trousers. where is the difference ?

Cornellian

Reaction score
The pants look a little long for my taste. If you want that much break (or nearly that much), I would go with cuffs.

PS- I live in BTS too!

Hanseat

Reaction score
a) The button stance is awkward- it should be:

x --- x
- x x -
- x x -

Also the buttons look very high on this jacket but you might have specified that.

b) There's something wrong with the lapel, can't quite put my finger on it.

c) I don't see any cuff- the sleeves look too long.

d) It might be due to the angle of the first picture but the jacket might be too long, I'd need a better picture to tell. Did you not ask for more waist suppression, you seem fairly young (at least the matress on the floor and the iPhone indicate this).

e) Trousers do indeed look too long.

I'm sorry to say but this suit looks distinctly eastern European to me.
Than again this might not be such a big deal living there or even be socially more accepted than some faux-italian suit.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hanseat

x \\ / x
- x x -
- x x -

The screen isn't showing this well. What hanseat meant to say is that the top buttons should be offset by 30 degrees or so from the vertical.

The pants are too long, the sleeves are too long and the waist is too narrow (though it looks like you're very skinny. What jumps out at me is that the jacket looks very heavily fused. Does the front seem rigid?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cluster2600
I have a question:
he needed 3 meters of cloth and saturday in Vienna a tailor told me that he needed 3.25 for the vest and 1.5 for the trousers. where is the difference ?

Perhaps the Viennese tailor was quoting for single width, and the Slovakian for double width. Also, I think you mean jacket, not vest.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He is saying you need 3 meters of cloth for a 2 piece suit, 3.25 meters for a 3 piece suit and you need 1.5 meters for just a single trouser.

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by Cornellian
The pants look a little long for my taste. If you want that much break (or nearly that much), I would go with cuffs.

PS- I live in BTS too!

I agree the sleeves are a bit long maybe a centimeter shorter could help.

BTS ? your a pilot ?

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by IGORSEMONOV
Very big buttons on the sleeve. About pants I agree with the previous post.
The bottom of a jacket is narrow .
In general it is not bad

you thinks the sleeves buttons are big? i did not noticed that then i checked with another suit and it matched so i don't know...

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by Hanseat

x --- x
- x x -
- x x -

Ok i take note of that

Also the buttons look very high on this jacket but you might have specified that.

No i did not specify that i left to the tailor liberties in many fields.

b) There's something wrong with the lapel, can't quite put my finger on it.

same here but i thing its the reinforcement inside.

c) I don't see any cuff- the sleeves look too long.

yes i know

d) It might be due to the angle of the first picture but the jacket might be too long, I'd need a better picture to tell. Did you not ask for more waist suppression, you seem fairly young (at least the mattress on the floor and the iPhone indicate this).

Wrong but almost i am 27 and i used to be in japan and got used to the mattress (kakefuton) on the floor and since i sleep on the floor.

e) Trousers do indeed look too long.

Maybe a bit but i kind of like it this way

I'm sorry to say but this suit looks distinctly eastern European to me.
Than again this might not be such a big deal living there or even be socially more accepted than some faux-italian suit.

don't be sorry i did post to get some critics good or bad and i am glad you speak your mind.

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by letmebefell
Perhaps the Viennese tailor was quoting for single width, and the Slovakian for double width. Also, I think you mean jacket, not vest.

yes i meant jacket veste is jacket in french sorry.

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by letmebefell
The screen isn't showing this well. What hanseat meant to say is that the top buttons should be offset by 30 degrees or so from the vertical.

The pants are too long, the sleeves are too long and the waist is too narrow (though it looks like you're very skinny. What jumps out at me is that the jacket looks very heavily fused. Does the front seem rigid?

yes the front is kind of rigid, and i am kind of skinny anyway, 70 kilos for 188 cm.

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cluster2600
I agree the sleeves are a bit long maybe a centimeter shorter could help.

BTS ? your a pilot ?

I'm an American living here until June... and I'm not a pilot.

Mblova

Reaction score
I would hope for more of a "peak" on the lapel, but other than that, the pants are a tad long for my taste, and i prefer 4 buttons on the sleeves. Also i agree that the jacket is narrow in the lower abdomen/waist and the button stance is different. Other than that it seems to fit your body well. Nice cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics