or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson bags - NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson bags - NYC

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Anyone know who carries Filson bags in NY?

Trying to decide between the 257 and the 258.





Thanks,

lefty
post #2 of 10
Steven Alan has some of them, but the ones you're looking at don't turn up on their webpage, I don't think. May be worth stopping by, though - they don't always have everything on the website.
post #3 of 10
Not that you were looking for an opinion, but the lower bag looks like a dog-carrier.
post #4 of 10
I just bought my Filson briefcase from Paragon Sports in Union Square. I don't know which bags your numbers correspond to, but they had the largest selection I'd seen (briefcase, laptop bag, large briefcase, field bags, etc.) and the salesman was an amicable middle-aged man who brought me a ton of books and let me fill the bag with them, sling the bag around, etc. Recommended.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaidiot View Post
Steven Alan has some of them, but the ones you're looking at don't turn up on their webpage, I don't think. May be worth stopping by, though - they don't always have everything on the website.

They only carry the smallest of the bags, the 256.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmebefell View Post
Not that you were looking for an opinion, but the lower bag looks like a dog-carrier.

You're right, it may be a little large. It's the padded computer bag, but the regular bags are so tough that I can't imagine the padding provides much more protection. Probably heavy as hell too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
I just bought my Filson briefcase from Paragon Sports in Union Square. I don't know which bags your numbers correspond to, but they had the largest selection I'd seen (briefcase, laptop bag, large briefcase, field bags, etc.) and the salesman was an amicable middle-aged man who brought me a ton of books and let me fill the bag with them, sling the bag around, etc. Recommended.

I check them out.

Cheers.

lefty
post #6 of 10
Filson bags have already gone trendy in nyc for some time now - you can also find them at the soho bloomy's.


I'm always on the ebay lookout for a filson mackinaw! Doubt bloomy's will ever carry those
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
They only carry the smallest of the bags, the 256.



You're right, it may be a little large. It's the padded computer bag, but the regular bags are so tough that I can't imagine the padding provides much more protection. Probably heavy as hell too.



I check them out.

Cheers.

lefty

The padded laptop is heavy, but hell, you're a burly ol' lumberjack anyway, plus you will need room for your chainsaw.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenPyle View Post
The padded laptop is heavy, but hell, you're a burly ol' lumberjack anyway, plus you will need room for your chainsaw.

Excellent point.

After all,

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,

I sleep all night and I work all day.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8...eature=related

lefty
post #9 of 10
+1 for Paragon. Bought my medium duffle there.. Big selection
post #10 of 10
Does Orvis carry them?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson bags - NYC