or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Clothing Pet Peeves - what are yours?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clothing Pet Peeves - what are yours? - Page 11

post #151 of 221
French cuffs exposed without cufflinks.
post #152 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02
You asked for it bud...


Go Doritos!

My Goodness. I will keep my patch on the right shoulder of my fatigue jacket and forget the tie!!

Perry
post #153 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
My Goodness. I will keep my patch on the right shoulder of my fatigue jacket and forget the tie!!

Perry
Sorry for going off topic here--you're not one of the guys who wants to redesign the patch so the horsie always faces forward, are you?

Tom
post #154 of 221
It bugs me when I'm looking through a book on mens' clothing, and photos have been flipped around, so the buttons, breast pockets etc are all on the wrong sides.
post #155 of 221
No socks (except in the country/at the beach)

Jacket sleeves unbuttoned

giant triangle below the last buttoned jkt button - showing end of tie, beltbuckle, shirt puffing out

opera slippers worn as an alternative to standard evening shoes. the slippers were invented for gentlemen to slip into AT THE OPERA, so at least their feet would be comfortable while they sat through three-four hours of screeching altos & sopranos. the slippers are not and never were appropraite for formal dinners, dances, receptions etc.
post #156 of 221
abercrombie shirts worn with suits

black chinos

tan socks with khaki pants

those boxes containing a tie and cuff-links with matching swatches of fabric glued on

button-down collars left unbuttoned
post #157 of 221
tie dye shirts caftans jeans with factory produced piss stains and cat whiskers prada shoes gucci's loafers with the logo stamped all over it vertical stripes on a shirt people above 35 wearing cargo pants those anime-inspired printed short sleeve shirts bape apparel polyester blended anything square toe shoes, of course.
post #158 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachvu
tan socks with khaki pants
You'd prefer black?
post #159 of 221
fake pockets (most retarded thing ever, if you want the pocket for fashion you can get a real one and just not use it)

pockets on one side of the jacket, (can't balance things by having a pocket in each side)

velcro pocket flaps (get screwed up in the wash)

dress shoe laces (they look like processed rat crap)

shoddy zippers

tight pants pockets (either have some space to put something in or leave them out)
post #160 of 221
Top 10 list Pet peeves 1) Some people (having never seen a keaton collar before) telling me and insisting that it is for bowties. 2) Colleagues asking me why I am wearing a tie when my colleagues go tieless 3) ALWAYS staining my ties. 4) It costing so much to dress the way I want. (Have to replenish that wadrobe regularly!)
post #161 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Top 10 list Pet peeves

1) Some people (having never seen a keaton collar before) telling me and insisting that it is for bowties.

2) Colleagues asking me why I am wearing a tie when my colleagues go tieless

3) ALWAYS staining my ties.

4) It costing so much to dress the way I want. (Have to replenish that wadrobe regularly!)

How is that a top ten list? Are you counting in base4?
post #162 of 221
Why are people here writing "h8"? I really hate it.
post #163 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by masqueofhastur
fake pockets (most retarded thing ever, if you want the pocket for fashion you can get a real one and just not use it)

You're not talking about the pockets on a suit or jacket that are sewn shut when you get it, right? I've never seen fake ones, you just need to cut them open.
post #164 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
You're not talking about the pockets on a suit or jacket that are sewn shut when you get it, right? I've never seen fake ones, you just need to cut them open.

I think he is. I remember when I would cut mine open in front of people, and they were always really confused as to why I was taking a pair of scissors to my new HF.
post #165 of 221
Black (leather) shoes with jeans. I realize that most styleforum-approved jeans can work with black shoes, but I'm talking about those ugly light blue Gap jeans made out of the cheapest material imaginable. Women are especially guilty of this. Maybe it's the jeans themselves that I don't like, but they don't look nearly as bad with tan shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Clothing Pet Peeves - what are yours?