• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this shoe? I just want to get some of your opinions. Is it pretty good quality for the price ($530)? I really love the look of the boots. Are there any other brands that makes a similar style boots?

'Ricard' is a Mainline gentlemen's 7 eyelet lace up boot with sigaro dip dyed washed uppers. They have a Blake Rapid construction with a cream sole which is embossed with "˜Every day is a fresh beginning'.

Made from dark brown (sigaro) coloured Italian leather, the uppers have been immersed in dyes and tumbled in large wooden drums to dye the upper leather, the lining and the stitching for intense colour. They feature a window insert inside and hand painted and hammered soles. Stow bags and spare laces included
Made in Italy

100% leather uppers and sole

s7xc-a094-wsh-s25-14488.jpg

s7xc-a094-wsh-s25-detailb-14489.jpg

s7xc-a094-wsh-s25-detailc-14490.jpg

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at those as well, and I really like them. I would prefer them be goodyear welted instead of blake stiched, but I think I can live with it. What I like about PS shoes are they are narrow in appearance, which I think look the best for dress shoes and boots paired with jeans with narrow leg openings. Oh and the color of PS shoes are also amazing.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know at that price. I think the PS logo is a good percentage of the price.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I don't know at that price. I think the PS logo is a good percentage of the price.

Yeah, I'm sure; however, I also think he's come up with some of the best looking shoes I've ever seen. Maybe it's just me, but I love the looks of Paul Smith shoes.
inlove.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i just tried those on over the weekend, they're great boots

is it worth the $530? for many it will be as I guarantee they wont be any normal sizes left at saletime

It's not worth it for me, tho a couple tweeks here and there and I would be wearing them today

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
I've bought PS shoes at full retail and on sale. You pay a lot for the name, but the shoes are really nice - well constructed, good fit, etc. It's unlikely that you'll find them on sale. You may just have to bite the bullet and spend the cash if you really like them.

Those are sweet though. It would kill me to pay retail for them...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
It's not worth it for me, tho a couple tweeks here and there and I would be wearing them today

But you can add your own **** stains to 'em.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
But you can add your own **** stains to 'em.

foo', already did at the store when SA wasnt looking

I've bought most of my PS shoes/boots at full retail and are one of the rare items that I've NEVER regretted paying full price for. **** there's as boot from last winter that I'd pay a premium to get in my size since I was too stupid to get it when I had the chance.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing that Paul Smith makes worth it's retail price.
It is British Banana Republic-Ted Baker mutant.
Pretty much everything they make are affected junk for tween douchebags.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
foo', already did at the store when SA wasnt looking

I've bought most of my PS shoes/boots at full retail and are one of the rare items that I've NEVER regretted paying full price for. **** there's as boot from last winter that I'd pay a premium to get in my size since I was too stupid to get it when I had the chance.

Agreed - I don't regret what I've paid for the shoes. Or my rampant douchebaggery.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Those boots also come in black which looked great, the dip dye leather effect in black makes it look much more interesting than just a normal full grain black calf.

I guess we're all douchebag tweens, deep inside. PS helps us realize our full douchebaggery, on the outside.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them. They are not cheap, but if you can get a comfortable roomy fit my guess is that you will like them based upon their appearance and the number of fans of Paul Smith shoes on SF. Hopefully you can purchase them at a store where you can try on a variety of sizes because PS shoe sizes seem to vary a lot by model and may not be at all close to your regular size.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Nothing that Paul Smith makes worth it's retail price.
It is British Banana Republic-Ted Baker mutant.
Pretty much everything they make are affected junk for tween douchebags.

yeah, but do you like them?

bapelolol

Reaction score
i don't know much about lace-ups leather shoes.. but where does PS rank in terms of informal shoes.. ie the brogues/captoes/oxfords and stuff compared to other brands like ndc? I'm not a boot guy so no fryes/redwings

blantonator

Reaction score
Anyone know where these boots can be had? I'd love to try them on, if nothing else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads