or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 381

post #5701 of 42029
Was able to hit a driving range for the first time this season while visiting GF's family in Virginia for the Mother's Day weekend.

I had to use their loaner clubs....

The driver had a steel shaft that was at least an inch too short for me and the head had a massive dent on top. I was surprised that after the first 10 or so shots I was able to hit 250 and straight consistently.

GF's brother was a mess...swing reminded me of Charles Barkley.
post #5702 of 42029
I don't know that clubs really matter all that much. I mean by all means if you're buying brand new clubs either way, you might as well get the best ones you can afford and play with them.
But my clubs are all hand me downs. My irons were made for someone about 3 inches shorter than me, and my woods are literally--- get this--- wood. They aren't metal or whatever clubs are made of nowadays. They are like 40 year old clubs where the head is made of wood and there is metal plating on the face.
However, with those shitty clubs, and practice, I still shoot consistently in the mid-high 80s. While it's not PGA tour scores, it's not really anything to shake a finger at, and that is with shitty clubs. They mean less than the people selling them want you to believe.
post #5703 of 42029
I would be very happy in the 80s. Think I need to stop at a golf shop this weekend. Swing a few clubs. Need to get Mrs. Piob a lady's set too.
post #5704 of 42029
Thread Starter 
got out of Riyadh, I am very very happy to have gotten out of Riyahd. didn't like it there.


as a little karmic treat, got a fantastic hotel room in Dubai - 10th floor corner room with two full glass walls, overlooking the creek. basically 270 degrees of creek view.
post #5705 of 42029
Joined the gym today. No initiation fee, $24.99 a month, month to month. Now to hit up Sierra Trading and get some work out clothes Also, stopped by a big golf place. Signing Mrs. Piob and myself up for a couple lessons with the pro and then he'll make suggestions on what clubs we need. I like the fact he wants to give us a couple of free lessons before suggesting clubs. Makes good sense.
post #5706 of 42029
Finally playing tennis again. Oh tennis how much I've missed thee.
post #5707 of 42029
Rajon Rondo in the post-season.
post #5708 of 42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
got out of Riyadh, I am very very happy to have gotten out of Riyahd. didn't like it there.


as a little karmic treat, got a fantastic hotel room in Dubai - 10th floor corner room with two full glass walls, overlooking the creek. basically 270 degrees of creek view.

Well done and congrat's! I love flying places via Dubai.
post #5709 of 42029
my 2nd kid is 2 years old today. she (and her older sister) definitely makes the shit I sometimes go through worth it.
post #5710 of 42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
my 2nd kid is 2 years old today. she (and her older sister) definitely makes the shit I sometimes go through worth it.

Awesome. I assume you've already hired an over-sized fast food mascot for the b-day party?
post #5711 of 42029
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
my 2nd kid is 2 years old today. she (and her older sister) definitely makes the shit I sometimes go through worth it.

very cool
post #5712 of 42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Awesome. I assume you've already hired an over-sized fast food mascot for the b-day party?

haha. no way. my year old firstborn spent the day in the mall with her cousins and was kinda apologetic she overspent for lunch cause she had japanese food and ordered tuna sashimi, uni and tempura... I was actually quite proud of her and told her its okay as long as she doesn't spend her money on that evil ginger clown and the local fat bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
very cool

thanks, GT!
post #5713 of 42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
haha. no way. my year old firstborn spent the day in the mall with her cousins and was kinda apologetic she overspent for lunch cause she had japanese food and ordered tuna sashimi, uni and tempura... I was actually quite proud of her and told her its okay as long as she doesn't spend her money on that evil ginger clown and the local fat bee



thanks, GT!

Your kid apologizes for over-spending!?! Jeez...I must not be spanking mine hard enough.

Congrats on the birthday!


My happy news...pregnant wife is at 12 weeks and the doctor says that all is well with the twins!
post #5714 of 42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Your kid apologizes for over-spending!?! Jeez...I must not be spanking mine hard enough.

Congrats on the birthday!


My happy news...pregnant wife is at 12 weeks and the doctor says that all is well with the twins!

Good. Do we still have a deal on the names?
post #5715 of 42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
my 2nd kid is 2 years old today. she (and her older sister) definitely makes the shit I sometimes go through worth it.

Nice. Birthdays are fun at that age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
(...)
My happy news...pregnant wife is at 12 weeks and the doctor says that all is well with the twins!

Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Good. Do we still have a deal on the names?

Is it Kyle and Thomas, or Thomas and Kyle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy