or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 3727

post #55891 of 57913
I've been trolling this dunce from Chicago on Reddit who thinks he's some hot shot economist. It's so funny watching him get his panties in a bunch over what's obviously complete gibberish on my part.

Little does he know that my last name is Yellen and I happen to be the Fed Chair.

happy.gif
post #55892 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

It makes me hibbeldy-gibbeldy to see L'Inc posting using normal diction. It brings a chill to my spine, so to speak.

Highly disconcertling.
post #55893 of 57913
Watching North and South Korea duel it out.



It is like a proxy war!
post #55894 of 57913

After 5-6 weeks of non-responses and shitty auto-generated rejection letters, I had three calls in 24 hours.  One is with a recruiter who I think will do a good job in helping me find something - he has something that sounds interesting, but it would probably be a hard sell to the company (my career has been in high tech and this job would be in construction equipment).

 

So @MrG, hang in there.

post #55895 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

After 5-6 weeks of non-responses and shitty auto-generated rejection letters, I had three calls in 24 hours.  One is with a recruiter who I think will do a good job in helping me find something - he has something that sounds interesting, but it would probably be a hard sell to the company (my career has been in high tech and this job would be in construction equipment).

So @MrG
, hang in there.

Yeahhhh buddy!

An ex-colleague from my current employer recently left for a huge promotion at a different company. He's actually the same guy I networked with who got me my role right now.

Anyway, he reached out to me saying he wants to bring me on as his right hand man. The offer he gave was a little low unfortunately so I told him straight up I'd need X title and Y pay to move. He met me halfway and said the only way to get me to Y was to interview with his bosses and impress them enough to secure more budget for the role.

I sent him my resume on Monday so he could refer me internally. Let's see what happens.

😬
post #55896 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Yeahhhh buddy!

An ex-colleague from my current employer recently left for a huge promotion at a different company. He's actually the same guy I networked with who got me my role right now.

Anyway, he reached out to me saying he wants to bring me on as his right hand man. The offer he gave was a little low unfortunately so I told him straight up I'd need X title and Y pay to move. He met me halfway and said the only way to get me to Y was to interview with his bosses and impress them enough to secure more budget for the role.

I sent him my resume on Monday so he could refer me internally. Let's see what happens.

😬

Some guy who was on my team less than me and was a complete putz just left to go to a vendor as a marketing director. I couldn't believe it. Part of it makes sense now seeing one project he was pushing would help said vendor (but wasn't good for us).
post #55897 of 57913
I bet he wants to refer you internally. I would wish you luck, but I know you have a lot of experience with internal reviews.
post #55898 of 57913

yep i have a feeling he's been digitally indexed.

post #55899 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Some guy who was on my team less than me and was a complete putz just left to go to a vendor as a marketing director. I couldn't believe it. Part of it makes sense now seeing one project he was pushing would help said vendor (but wasn't good for us).

lol yeah there was a senior guy I briefly worked with who was a complete dunce and didn't display any care or ownership over his products. Dude would just punt anything to a direct and had no knowledge over his products.

He got a job at a top top top tech firm. Everyone who found out was flabbergasted.

I'm still in shock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I bet he wants to refer you internally. I would wish you luck, but I know you have a lot of experience with internal reviews.

Thanks brah. It is indeed an internal candidate referral.
post #55900 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Anyway, he reached out to me saying he wants to bring me on as his right hand man. 
😬

So you'd be doing what his right hand usually does?

post #55901 of 57913
Saturday night shall be awesome. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #55902 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Saturday night shall be awesome. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

What's in store brah?
post #55903 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

What's in store brah?

Just found out one of our favorite wine makers and his wife will be in town and we're having dinner with them and another couple of locals at an excellent restaurant. I didn't think we'd be meeting up with them again until around Xmas when we'll be in Paso. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #55904 of 57913
Don't tell BillinFool... He won't comp your meals anymore
post #55905 of 57913
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

After 5-6 weeks of non-responses and shitty auto-generated rejection letters, I had three calls in 24 hours.  One is with a recruiter who I think will do a good job in helping me find something - he has something that sounds interesting, but it would probably be a hard sell to the company (my career has been in high tech and this job would be in construction equipment).

So @MrG
, hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Yeahhhh buddy!

An ex-colleague from my current employer recently left for a huge promotion at a different company. He's actually the same guy I networked with who got me my role right now.

Anyway, he reached out to me saying he wants to bring me on as his right hand man. The offer he gave was a little low unfortunately so I told him straight up I'd need X title and Y pay to move. He met me halfway and said the only way to get me to Y was to interview with his bosses and impress them enough to secure more budget for the role.

I sent him my resume on Monday so he could refer me internally. Let's see what happens.

😬

Good luck, bros!

I've had a bit of improvement on this front, as well. I reached out to the contact I met on Saturday, and she responded almost immediately saying she'd forward my resume to the recruiter for a job I like and will make sure other recruiters for my specialty have me on their radar. Plus, I found out a good friend has an in with a headhunter who recruits my skill set.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy