or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 3703

post #55531 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

The lady who runs my daughter's daycare grows peaches. She gave me dozens of them yesterday when I picked up my daughter, and my wife sent me a text this morning saying she'd just gotten a lot more.

These things are next-level delicious, and I'm now awash in them. drool.gif

Mackinaw?

post #55532 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post

Paging @L'Incandescent


I love a good brandy old-fashioned, no two ways about it, but I would not even consider consuming that concoction what is mentioned in the quotation Jiminy Crickets!
post #55533 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

This does surprise me somewhat.

My issue with Ryan Adams is the same one I have with a lot of those singer-songwriter types: They're so prolific that their catalogues aren't very dense. You have to own like three albums to get a full album's worth of great tracks, but, man, are the great ones great.

Todd Snider is another one like that for me.

I find that I either like or dislike whole albums of his. For me, Cardinology is fantastic from beginning to end. But then Ashes and Fire--his very next record--doesn't do anything for me. Except for "Lucky Now," which I enjoy very much.
post #55534 of 57335
Not going to lie, as someone who spent his childhood watching game shows rather than typical children's programming (watching The Price is Right after AM kindergarten was a ritual), I am somewhat excited that they revived the Match Game, and it doesn't suck (this may depend on your political leanings).
post #55535 of 57335
The denmark vs sweden twitter fight.
post #55536 of 57335
I bought tickets for the Guns N Roses concert tomorrow. I was watching some old GnR videos on youtube and I'm seriously afraid I'm going to break out in belly laughs when pudgy old assed Axl Rose starts doing his swivel/snake dance.

Also I hate all GnR music after Lies. Still I'm excited and my 9-12y/o self is giddy to see if Axle pulls some shenanigans that cause a riot.
post #55537 of 57335
Speaking of riots and GnR, it's no great surprise they're not coming to St. Louis for this tour. They haven't been back in any incarnation since the riot of 1991.
post #55538 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post

Peach cobbler! icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Yes! I'm going to do all sorts of stuff with them. I found a peach preserves recipe I want to try, and there's even a bourbon cocktail that uses muddled peach that sounds delicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

Mackinaw?


I didn't really watch that show, so I don't get this reference. frown.gif
post #55539 of 57335

Ramadan is over.  Eid is over. I'm getting fried chicken for lunch tomorrow! 

post #55540 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Not going to lie, as someone who spent his childhood watching game shows rather than typical children's programming (watching The Price is Right after AM kindergarten was a ritual), I am somewhat excited that they revived the Match Game, and it doesn't suck (this may depend on your political leanings).

My first sentence was "come on down!"
post #55541 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

I bought tickets for the Guns N Roses concert tomorrow. I was watching some old GnR videos on youtube and I'm seriously afraid I'm going to break out in belly laughs when pudgy old assed Axl Rose starts doing his swivel/snake dance.

Also I hate all GnR music after Lies. Still I'm excited and my 9-12y/o self is giddy to see if Axle pulls some shenanigans that cause a riot.

Wait. What!? I get not liking the cover album, and even as the ultimate GnR fanboy, Axl's de facto solo album didn't do much for me, but who the hell loves GnR but hates the Illusions!? They were amazing.
post #55542 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Ramadan is over.  Eid is over. I'm getting fried chicken for lunch tomorrow! 

CE this shit!
post #55543 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Wait. What!? I get not liking the cover album, and even as the ultimate GnR fanboy, Axl's de facto solo album didn't do much for me, but who the hell loves GnR but hates the Illusions!? They were amazing.

I didn't say illusions were bad, it's just that they are basically Meatloaf-Bon Jovi epic ballad EPs. I like the blues/metal-y dirty sexy dangerous drugs-y stuff from Lies and Appetite.

also I'm happy that my dwarf peach tree is bearing fruit. hopefully they're good.

post #55544 of 57335
It was really cool seeing Steven Adler play a couple songs with the band in Cincinnati. I hope that continues and that he plays even more.
post #55545 of 57335
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

My first sentence was "come on down!"

Pyramid is pretty damned good too, though Strahan doesn't really do the straight man thing as well as Dick Clark did.

On another topic, I was going to complain about beer prices at baseball games in the other thread, then I did the math. If you get craft beer, it's not too bad. 24 oz glass (so probably 22 oz of liquid) goes for $12. In most bars, it would go for at least $6-6.50 for a "pint" (14 oz. glass usually, so 12 oz of beer), and it sells for $12 a 4-pack in grocery stores. Totally in line with bar prices.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy