Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 3509

post #52621 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulan View Post

So this morning, someone finally gave a piece of their mind to that inconsiderate prick who sometimes play his ukelele out on his balcony at 4 or 5AM. In a very loud angry voice from another window, swear words were spoken, death wishes were wished, and harsh criticism of the guy's poor singing was mentioned.

I hope Lincadecent came to the ukelele player's rescue.
post #52622 of 58213
I've often wondered how anyone ever learns to play the trumpet, for example, living in an apartment in a big city.
post #52623 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

I've often wondered how anyone ever learns to play the trumpet, for example, living in an apartment in a big city.

Practice rooms at school/the studio.
post #52624 of 58213
I don't think anyone actually plays the Uke in any traditional sense. You just kind of hit it and it makes noise.
post #52625 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Practice rooms at school/the studio.

Makes sense. What about the lonely dude who wants to teach himself? Is he out of luck?
post #52626 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

You just kind of hit it and it makes noise.

I think L'Inc was talking about a literal ukulele, not using it in the sense of, you know, "playing the ukulele".
post #52627 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

Makes sense. What about the lonely dude who wants to teach himself? Is he out of luck?

By definition.
post #52628 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

By definition.

post #52629 of 58213
I used to be able to play that on the piano, probably still can.
Edited by Harold falcon - 11/16/15 at 1:46pm
post #52630 of 58213
Ukulele prodigy Jake Shimabukuro

post #52631 of 58213
I think the Comedy Pyramid Lawyerdad started and I built on from the previous page needs more thumbs up. Get to thumbin' you lazy unappreciative bastards.
post #52632 of 58213
No wonder these clowns couldn't get into law school (well, except nickels, argentino, and a few others).

I thought about adding a post for "Styleforum Rods" but then remembered there are whole threads full of those.
post #52633 of 58213
How did I get brought into this conversation about ukeleles?
post #52634 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

No wonder these clowns couldn't get into law school (well, except nickels, argentino, and a few others).

I thought about adding a post for "Styleforum Rods" but then remembered there are whole threads full of those.

 

Law school is the sucker's bet these days.  You couldn't pay me to go.

post #52635 of 58213
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Law school is the sucker's bet these days.  You couldn't pay me to go.

I'd probably go if you paid me...college was fun.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy