or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 3497

post #52441 of 57386
There's a ad on tv where a guy goes to the mobile phone store says he needs a new phone for his son who uses up lots of data. Then the mom comes in with the son turns out the son is a enfant to where everyone is like "What the hell enfants don't use mobile phones that dad must of been lying just wanted the new phone for himself!" He could have said he wanted the new phone for himself but that wouldn't have produced a funny episode.
post #52442 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post


Wreck on white with hot peppers.

 

No way, meatball - got to maximize the calories/$.  Plus, you can go to Fontano's for a sub similar to the wreck.

post #52443 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

No way, meatball - got to maximize the calories/$.  Plus, you can go to Fontano's for a sub similar to the wreck.

But I can get a meatball at Fontanos (and I think it is better, but I haven't had Potbelly's meatball in a while)...

Potbelly has superior hot peppers/giardinera to Fontanos, which is super key on something like a nicely toasted Wreck.
post #52444 of 57386

I'm eating a meatball sub from Wawa right now and it is amazing. Just amazing. 

post #52445 of 57386
I found @brokencycle's twitter account:


There is some beautiful stuff in his blog: https://brokencycle.wordpress.com/, it is a shame he stopped updating it soon after he joined the Forvm.
post #52446 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I found @brokencycle's twitter account:


There is some beautiful stuff in his blog: https://brokencycle.wordpress.com/, it is a shame he stopped updating it soon after he joined the Forvm.

You guys corrupted me with your materialism.


Most of the time people just assume my handle is a lame way to write Brokencyde which is apparently a band in some shitty genre of called "crunkcore."

Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post


But I can get a meatball at Fontanos (and I think it is better, but I haven't had Potbelly's meatball in a while)...

Potbelly has superior hot peppers/giardinera to Fontanos, which is super key on something like a nicely toasted Wreck.

 

Maybe I'm just nostalgic for it because I only get it once or twice a year, but I like their giardinera.  I'll have to try a meatball next time I'm there.

post #52447 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

You guys corrupted me with your "materialism".

FTFY. Welcome to the Inner Circle.
post #52448 of 57386
Overheard conversation:

A: My parents named me Reid because of how much I love to read.
B: But presumably you didn't love reading at the moment of time when they named you?
A: Even then I did love to read.
B: But your eyes couldn't even make out individual letters in your first moments out of the womb.
A: No, but I could read the word of God which was written legible in my heart.
B: Oh yeah, that's a differnt kind of reading didn't think of that.
post #52449 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Maybe I'm just nostalgic for it because I only get it once or twice a year, but I like their giardinera.  I'll have to try a meatball next time I'm there.

Their giardiniera is still pretty good....but I find the mild to be lacking in flavor, and the hot to be lacking in variety. The mild has a better mix of veggies, but it needs the kick from the hot. The hot is pretty much just peppers with a few bits of celery and olive.

The potbelly one however is simply great. People here often do giardiniera shoot-outs where they gather peppers from all the old italian shops and whatever...but Potbelly comes out in the top few results every time.

It has enough kick to it for it to count as "hot" peppers. But it has nice crispness--those crunchy bits of carrot and cauliflower really take it up a notch over Fontano's.
Edited by otc - 11/2/15 at 11:03am
post #52450 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


FTFY. Welcome to the Inner Circle.

 

I knew my initiation was close when I showed up in the schtick thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post


Their giardiniera is still pretty good....but I find the mild to be lacking in flavor, and the hot to be lacking in variety. The mild has a better mix of veggies, but it needs the kick from the hot. The hot is pretty much just peppers with a few bits of celery and olive.

The potbelly one however is simply great. People here often do giardiniera shoot-outs where they gather peppers from all old italian shops and whatever...but Potbelly comes out in the few results every time.

It has enough kick to it for it to count as "hot" peppers. But it has nice crispness--those crunchy bits of carrot and cauliflower really take it up a notch over Fontano's.

 

That site is awesome.  You know, for all my times of going to Tenutas (something I do every time I visit family), I don't think I've ever tried their giardiniera.  I'll have to pick up a bottle when I'm home for Christmas.

post #52451 of 57386

Muffuletta

post #52452 of 57386
Too much olive in the Muff' mix (I'm not a big fan of green olives) and it lacks the kick of the hot peppers. Also, it is usually too finely diced so it doesn't give you those crunchy bits.
post #52453 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Overheard conversation:

A: My parents named me Reid because of how much I love to read.
I've wondered why this sales guy at one of our vendors is named Jack Davidoff. I think you just solved that mystery
post #52454 of 57386
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Fresh out of college grads do not get $100k signing bonuses.

At places like FB they can.

Edit: Tangentially, why do you think so many MBAs from top tier schools are moving to tech companies rather than consulting and iBanking?

Don't downplay the importance of culture. iBanks are toxic, and it's helping to lure people away from IB. Run!
post #52455 of 57386

Hoods are coming off KKK members. This is going to be entertaining to keep up with, whether it's real or not.

 

"Huh? wut? me? noooo I would never join such a club"

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy