or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 3265

post #48961 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Spear fishing in Hawaii

I read that as "spear fisting" and about puked.
post #48962 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

That's great, MrG. Camping trips with my dad are one of my fondest memories from childhood. I hope you have as good a time.

Best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Plus eleventy. My dad wasn't a camper and neither is my girly-girl daughter, but the general idea rocks.

fistbump.gif

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

We had a great time. We only did one night, but I think it was enough for his age. It was really cool hanging out with him and finding stuff to do (we brought no toys or electronics other than my phone, which he only used for a few minutes in the evening).

The best part of the trip for me was spending time with him, but he's informed me that his favorite part was the s'mores.
post #48963 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Spear fishing in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Is that some sort of euphemism for helping your buddy score?
I used my considerable experience with double entendre to try to translate this, but the best I could come up with was.....sticking your harpoon in whales?
post #48964 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


I used my considerable experience with double entendre to try to translate this, but the best I could come up with was.....sticking your harpoon in whales?

Sperm whales.
post #48965 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Is that some sort of euphemism for helping your buddy score?

Its a euphemism for giving some of the Ole Greek Helmet.
post #48966 of 48968
Y'alls know my ways of being know I'm not a man of braggadocio and whatnot, but I gotta say that I got a good look to me today. (I have Leonard Paris tie, which don't hurt.)
post #48967 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Y'alls know my ways of being know I'm not a man of braggadocio and whatnot, but I gotta say that I got a good look to me today. (I have Leonard Paris tie, which don't hurt.)

Your middle name is definitively not Modest..
post #48968 of 48968
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Your middle name is definitively not Modest..

Actually, my middle name is Modest (named after Mussorgsky). I guess sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy