or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2882

post #43216 of 43906
I won't lie, I did get a little weepy at the end.
post #43217 of 43906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

There's nothing like an opera with a happy ending.

lol8[1].gif
post #43218 of 43906
I'm thinking about getting a testicle implant so it looks like I have three testicles. A subtle detail that only I will notice under normal circumstance.
post #43219 of 43906
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I'm thinking about getting a testicle implant so it looks like I have three testicles. A subtle detail that only I will notice under normal circumstance.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php/index.php?date=01132006
post #43220 of 43906
Because of some random free association, I went back and read one of my favorite literary passages -- Kent's dressing down of Oswald -- for the first time in a number of years. It always makes me smile.

Oswald
Who do you take me for?

Kent
A knave; a rascal; an eater of kitchen scraps; a base, vain, shallow, beggarly, three-shirts-to-his-name, wage-earning, filthy, untailored knave; a yellow-bellied, litigation-happy, wretched, mirror-primping, officious, finicky rogue; a one-trunk-owning slave, who would pimp if it were his duty, and is nothing but a mixture of knave, beggar, coward, panderer, and son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if you deny even one syllable of these titles I've given you.

biggrin.gif

PS: I'd forgotten just how styleforvm-appropriate the passage is. Especially the part about pimping.
post #43221 of 43906

Kent is awesome.

post #43222 of 43906
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I'm fixin' to go to the opera is anyone coming with me? It is Dialogues of the Carmelites.

 

I wish. :cry: I obviously need to plan more trips to St. Louis around your operatic calendar.

post #43223 of 43906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Because of some random free association, I went back and read one of my favorite literary passages -- Kent's dressing down of Oswald -- for the first time in a number of years. It always makes me smile.

Oswald
Who do you take me for?

Kent
A knave; a rascal; an eater of kitchen scraps; a base, vain, shallow, beggarly, three-shirts-to-his-name, wage-earning, filthy, untailored knave; a yellow-bellied, litigation-happy, wretched, mirror-primping, officious, finicky rogue; a one-trunk-owning slave, who would pimp if it were his duty, and is nothing but a mixture of knave, beggar, coward, panderer, and son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if you deny even one syllable of these titles I've given you.

biggrin.gif

PS: I'd forgotten just how styleforvm-appropriate the passage is. Especially the part about pimping.

Huh wha...which version are you reading?
post #43224 of 43906
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Huh wha...which version are you reading?

At home, the Riverside. That quote in particular is just a random Google find, though. Is it off, I was just retyping and not reading that closely.
post #43225 of 43906
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

At home, the Riverside. That quote in particular is just a random Google find, though. Is it off, I was just retyping and not reading that closely.

It's a modern (and weird) translation...
post #43226 of 43906
Good catch. It did seem a little weird as I was typing.
post #43227 of 43906
KISS is playing "Hide Your Heart" on the current tour. That is a straight up underrated tune I remember when it appeared on the scene was in high school times.
post #43228 of 43906

Turning 38 tomorrow. Whoop dee doo... looking forward to drinks with friends after work... a little champers at the local bar in the sunshine!

post #43229 of 43906

I was having trouble figuring out the right combination of settings for a program to do what I wanted it to do. Wouldn't you know it, the answer came to me while I was taking my morning glories!

post #43230 of 43906
You think about software while wanking?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy