or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2743

post #41131 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Seersucker is a bridge too far for me. I guess it maybe works for other people, but I am quite sure I would look ridiculous in it.

I have a seersucker suit, but I only wear it as separates. I can rock it pretty hard in individual pieces, but I feel costumey when I wear it as a suit. One day I might give it another try, as I've acquired a bit of confidence with age, but I've yet to follow through. I will say some guys can pull it off really well. I seem to recall FLMM (or possibly Mrs. FLMM) posting a FB picture of him in a full suit, and it really worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I was in Memphis yesterday and Friday where I saw a couple of guys in seersucker suits. I thought it was a bit too early, particularly since it wasn't balmy there.

Yeah, some people down here seem to think the first day of spring is some sort of demarcation point for breaking it out. I have an Atlanta friend who posted recently on Facebook insisting it's appropriate to wear his seersucker because it's now spring and "wedding season." A bunch of us tried to explain that it's too early, but he'd have none of it. We eventually just had to give up and let him be wrong.
post #41132 of 45968
^^ Yes, that's exactly my worry, that it would feel like costume. That's not at all to say it's costume on everyone, but I do not come from a region of the country where anyone ever wears seersucker. To me, it would feel almost the same as putting on a Colonel Sanders suit.
post #41133 of 45968
I've been told I am too 'Mediterranean' looking to wear seersucker, and I do agree. I wear linen suits instead, however, I like to see seersucker being worn.
post #41134 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

^^ Yes, that's exactly my worry, that it would feel like costume. That's not at all to say it's costume on everyone, but I do not come from a region of the country where anyone ever wears seersucker. To me, it would feel almost the same as putting on a Colonel Sanders suit.

I definitely get that. Truth be told, it would strike me as a little odd if I saw someone in seersucker, especially a full suit, outside of the Deep South and maybe the bordering states. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but there is certainly something to be said for context. It's much easier to pull off when it's a common sight than when you're That Guy Who Wears Seersucker.
post #41135 of 45968

My two year old nephew rocked a seersucker suit, and straw trilby, at my wedding.  It was epic.  My sister prefers I don't post the pictures, sadly.

post #41136 of 45968
One of the best GOOD WIFE episodes ever
post #41137 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Betimes my friends from Styleforum website will text me or send me FB messages while they are out on dates. (Such as when the date goes to the restroom facility, for example.) My non-Styleforum friends have never once done that. That leads me to conclude that Styleforum folk are "something else."

satisfied.gif

Two cell phones ringing at the same time...
post #41138 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I definitely get that. Truth be told, it would strike me as a little odd if I saw someone in seersucker, especially a full suit, outside of the Deep South and maybe the bordering states. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but there is certainly something to be said for context. It's much easier to pull off when it's a common sight than when you're That Guy Who Wears Seersucker.

It's common enough up here in june-aug, at least in the area where I live.

There are a few things that I draw the line on, even though I would really like to wear them commonly. Hats, cravats, ect.
post #41139 of 45968
Emailing companies brings me such joy!
post #41140 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Emailing companies brings me such joy!

That's true.

All these charming Nigerian gentlemen offering me the best investments ever are a joy to correspond with...

And all these charming Russian top models desperate meeting me....
post #41141 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

That's true.

All these charming Nigerian gentlemen offering me the best investments ever are a joy to correspond with...

And all these charming Russian top models desperate meeting me....

Neo needs a new hobby.
post #41142 of 45968
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Neo needs a new hobby.

More a new Hubby in his case..
post #41143 of 45968
Longest phase of my training is coming to end in a month, finally moving on with my life.

Saved an impressive amount of money in the last year.

Strongest I've ever been and in best shape of my life.

For the first time in my life worked out something that can be officially considered a friends with benefits situation.

Shirt I ordered from Moderntailor fits perfectly on the first attempt, may be the start of a beautiful relationship.
post #41144 of 45968
I hope that training is to be a ninja
post #41145 of 45968
Aye, well...it looks like I ought to know by Friday whether or not I've been accepted into the graduate program I hope to attend...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy