or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2634

post #39496 of 45150

I just saw this cartoon and thought of L'incness 

 

post #39497 of 45150
Finally finished building out my photo rig. My Epson 3880 printer and Apple Time Capsule arrived this morning. Setting things up today!

Leica MP > develop film > scan film with Nikon 5000ED > process photos with Lightroom and Photoshop > backup photos on Time Capsule > print on Epson 3880.

Well, almost finished. I still need to get my color film developed by a lab. For full self-sufficiency, I'll need my own processor. Apparently, the Jobo CPP3 is back in production . . .
post #39498 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Literally cut my car insurance monthly premium in half by switching to Geico.. no freaking joke!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Guys, check out www.thezebra.com. It's like the Kayak of car insurance and it's accurate as hell. The top rate it gave me was Geico, which prompted me to call them because the rate sounded too good to be true.

Turned out to be true!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pretty cool site if accurate, but at least for me, USAA << all the rest. That, and don't discount the fact that when it comes time to filing a claim, your experience with GEICO is not necessarily going to be the same as it would with other carriers.

EDIT: Just saw the follow-up. GEICO is notorious for that kind of thing.
post #39499 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

Pretty cool site if accurate, but at least for me, USAA << all the rest. That, and don't discount the fact that when it comes time to filing a claim, your experience with GEICO is not necessarily going to be the same as it would with other carriers.

USAA was the cheapest for me too but I don't have any affiliations to the Army, unfortunately.

Farmers is about $60 cheaper per month for me, which is pretty significant. But I'm going to shop around more.

I also have renter's insurance and an umbrella policy but I'm thinking about dropping those.
post #39500 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

Pretty cool site if accurate, but at least for me, USAA << all the rest. That, and don't discount the fact that when it comes time to filing a claim, your experience with GEICO is not necessarily going to be the same as it would with other carriers.

USAA was the cheapest for me too but I don't have any affiliations to the Army, unfortunately.

Farmers is about $60 cheaper per month for me, which is pretty significant. But I'm going to shop around more.

I also have renter's insurance and an umbrella policy but I'm thinking about dropping those.

If you've seen their latest ad campaign, mine was earned in 1968 flying F-4 sorties over Vietnam. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #39501 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

If you've seen their latest ad campaign, mine was earned in 1968 flying F-4 sorties over Vietnam. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have -- thanks for your service brah!
post #39502 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

If you've seen their latest ad campaign, mine was earned in 1968 flying F-4 sorties over Vietnam. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have -- thanks for your service brah!

Thanks, but that was my grandfather. I'll pass your sentiments along to him.
post #39503 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Finally finished building out my photo rig. My Epson 3880 printer and Apple Time Capsule arrived this morning. Setting things up today!

Leica MP > develop film > scan film with Nikon 5000ED > process photos with Lightroom and Photoshop > backup photos on Time Capsule > print on Epson 3880.

Well, almost finished. I still need to get my color film developed by a lab. For full self-sufficiency, I'll need my own processor. Apparently, the Jobo CPP3 is back in production . . .

This post is obviously useless without pics.

Making me happy: Got in from a nice hike, lifted some weights, and now I've got that perfect empty feeling of hunger and plan to fill it with left over carbonara from last night.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #39504 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I just sneezed eight times in a row used up all the nafkins in my office.

Do you work in the Uni cafeteria now?
post #39505 of 45150
Who's Sue?
post #39506 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

you can have taylor swift. I want a b or c list celebrity that's hot and will occasionally get us vip perks without the paparazzis

Tara Reid?
post #39507 of 45150
Lasbar should date RIhanna.
post #39508 of 45150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Lasbar should date RIhanna.

No way..

Apparently, She is a terrible cook..
post #39509 of 45150
She can twerk
post #39510 of 45150
WOW.

Just learned that you can claim sales taxes paid as deductions.
This is huge!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy