or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2604

post #39046 of 47024
Good for you G ^

How much is a kid?
post #39047 of 47024
Relaxing after a four mile hike with Mrs. Piob before we head back out for meeting up with friends we've not seen in a couple of years. Nice day for the hike and some beautiful scenery. Just having drinks and nosh with the friends for a few hours, as they're flying out tomorrow, so that means I get to sneak in a movie at home tonight and then head out to relax under the starts with a drink.

Perfect day.
post #39048 of 47024
Debating whether or not to go to this party...the theme is loin cloths and hunting arrows.

I should probably find a date beforehand...
post #39049 of 47024
Just wear an arrow.
post #39050 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

Debating whether or not to go to this party...the theme is loin cloths and hunting arrows.

I should probably find a date beforehand...

You kids. A Ted Nugent themed party?
post #39051 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Yes, it was Imo's! Have you ever enjoyed an Imo's pizza? It is the square beyond compare.

My Dad grew up on the stuff apparently, as did most children from St. Louis in the 60's. I've had it a half-dozen times or so from their location in Kansas City. My grandparents lived in Jeff City and we'd always get pizza from Arris, which is where most of my St. Louis style pizza has been eaten from. I have moderately favorable opinions of it, but I've discovered a St. Louis style pizza here in NY that I like even more. The provel is certainly polarizing. I can see why people might hate it.
post #39052 of 47024
post #39053 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

We had a work-sponsored volunteer event yesterday at the Boy's and Girl's Club and it was a very rewarding experience; they were all in the 6-10-year-old range.

Just makes you realize how privileged many of us are and how much of a bubble we live in.

A lot of the kids took an instant liking to me, for some unexplained reason, and kept dragging me to come with them to do all these activities. A couple of them were fighting over which one of them was my friend, which was really endearing. They also kept asking me if I was Chinese (plain.gif), but once I told them I was Korean, they asked me to write their names for them in Korean during an arts class and they fought over who would keep the painting I drew with their names on it.

I schooled them on how to be polite, how to say please when asking for things instead of demanding them, and then bought a posse of the little buggers some soda before we left.

Anyway, again, it was very rewarding. I might have to look into sponsoring a kid or two.
Good work. Glad you and the kids had a great time.
post #39054 of 47024
Cuz I'm leeaaaavin' ON a jet plane.....

D'know when I'llllllllllllllll be back again......
post #39055 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

The provel is certainly polarizing. I can see why people might hate it.

I enjoy the Provel a lot! And in general, St. Louis style pizza is my favorite kind of all. I know that puts me in a tiny minority, but c'est la vie.

What do you like about the St. Louis style pizza you found in New York? What's different about it?
post #39056 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I enjoy the Provel a lot! And in general, St. Louis style pizza is my favorite kind of all. I know that puts me in a tiny minority, but c'est la vie.

What do you like about the St. Louis style pizza you found in New York? What's different about it?

Provel is disgusting. Your crust is all right but no fake cheese for me.
post #39057 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I enjoy the Provel a lot! And in general, St. Louis style pizza is my favorite kind of all. I know that puts me in a tiny minority, but c'est la vie.

What do you like about the St. Louis style pizza you found in New York? What's different about it?

It is much friendlier and less expensive.
post #39058 of 47024
There is a time and place for fake cheese and pizza isn't one of them.

A good grandma pizza cannot be beat.
post #39059 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I enjoy the Provel a lot! And in general, St. Louis style pizza is my favorite kind of all. I know that puts me in a tiny minority, but c'est la vie.

What do you like about the St. Louis style pizza you found in New York? What's different about it?

This is it. It's the "Saint Louie" pizza from Speedy Romeo in Brooklyn, which was right up the street from me. The two guys that own it (or at least one for sure) are Missouri guys, but they might be from Kansas City rather than St. Louis. In my opinion, the crust is better and the sauce has higher quality tomatoes. It's their traditional Neopolitan crust that's a bit fluffier and dry, whereas the traditional St. Louis style crust from Imo's is relatively denser, more cracker-ish, and more oily. It's like it got steamrolled. But the nice thing about the one at Speedy Romeo is that it's very neutral tasting, so the cheese is more prominent. They also offer pickled chilis on your table which I take full advantage of.




post #39060 of 47024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Relaxing after a four mile hike with Mrs. Piob before we head back out for meeting up with friends we've not seen in a couple of years. Nice day for the hike and some beautiful scenery. Just having drinks and nosh with the friends for a few hours, as they're flying out tomorrow, so that means I get to sneak in a movie at home tonight and then head out to relax under the starts with a drink.

Perfect day.

Can't wait to see you at the restaurant. Heading there now!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy