or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2334

post #34996 of 44834
not even a nice tossed salad?
post #34997 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Making me happy is this week is almost done. That means I am one week closer to whatever form of retirement I can afford, one week closer to m final resolution (death), and just a few hours away from Happy Hour.

I like this outlook. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #34998 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I don't know how you guys can eat salads like that (real, not metaphor). If I ate even a bite of any of those, my stomach would take immediate measures to expel the foreign substance.

+1

Salads suck ass.
post #34999 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Have you ever had real homemade mayo? Not that shit from Hellmans but like mayo you make at home. It is divine.

I don't know why, but I find mayo of all varieties--even high quality homemade mayo--to be inedible. I recognize, of course, that this is a fact about me and not about mayo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

not even a nice tossed salad?

I fear that if I respond to this, I will say the wrong thing.
post #35000 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Jersey Boys was a really fucking good show

I almost don't want to tell this story:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've never seen Jersey Boys, but I have a friend that comes to NYC two times a year and spends his whole time watching broadway shows. He'll invite my wife and I to a lot of shows. He's wicked awesome. He watched Jersey Boys by himself and was so impressed he google stalked the stage actor who plays the main character. It turns out the guy has an email link on the Show's web page. My friend emailed him [about how he loved the show ect] and actually got a response quickly.

The main actor dude invited my friend to watch again and even brought him back stage to meet the rest of the cast. My friend was wicked happy and thought that was that but they ended up hanging out with each other for the rest of the week laugh.gif

Yes - my friend is gay, but I didn't ask if the actor was also gay and if they were having a one week fling, but either way the main actor guy from jersey boys on broadway is cool and now they are legitimate friends.
post #35001 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

I almost don't want to tell this story:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've never seen Jersey Boys, but I have a friend that comes to NYC two times a year and spends his whole time watching broadway shows. He'll invite my wife and I to a lot of shows. He's wicked awesome. He watched Jersey Boys by himself and was so impressed he google stalked the stage actor who plays the main character. It turns out the guy has an email link on the Show's web page. My friend emailed him [about how he loved the show ect] and actually got a response quickly.

The main actor dude invited my friend to watch again and even brought him back stage to meet the rest of the cast. My friend was wicked happy and thought that was that but they ended up hanging out with each other for the rest of the week laugh.gif

Yes - my friend is gay, but I didn't ask if the actor was also gay and if they were having a one week fling, but either way the main actor guy from jersey boys on broadway is cool and now they are legitimate friends.

Would be way better if it involved your friend hooking up with one of the hot chics in Le Reve!

HRoi, hide the boaner the chic in the red dress will induce.
post #35002 of 44834
Had a little bit of a scare today: I thought I had my shirt on backwards because I felt a tug on the shoulder seam (telltale sign). But I double checked and no, my shirt was not on backwards. I would have gotten the berries for sure if it had been on backwards.
post #35003 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I fear that if I respond to this, I will say the wrong thing.

Are you a man who doesn't use his keyboard to answer questions? A man who has anxieties of making replies of an internet post with keys?

And now you be all like "hoo hoo hoo I will use evasion to hide my anxieties of replies of post." Come on, L'inc, man up and use your keyboard. Don't be all "No way, hoo hoo hoo, I will not press button of kuh-kuh-kuh-keyboard to reply"
post #35004 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Not even a tasty Salad Niçoise? That has tuna in it, but it's real whole tuna, not canned stuff. It's quite good. That is probably at the top of my salad pyramid.


Or mash all that in a tasty baguette for an awesome pan bagnat.
post #35005 of 44834
Technically a nicoise has canned/preserved tuna, not fresh or grilled or seared. But whatevz
post #35006 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Technically a nicoise has canned/preserved tuna, not fresh or grilled or seared. But whatevz

The poor person's version perhaps
post #35007 of 44834
New speedo came in the mail today.
post #35008 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I don't know why, but I find mayo of all varieties--even high quality homemade mayo--to be inedible. I recognize, of course, that this is a fact about me and not about mayo.
I fear that if I respond to this, I will say the wrong thing.
I'm with you on the mayo, it's inedible.
post #35009 of 44834
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I'm with you on the mayo, it's inedible.

I am happy to have JayJay on my side on this issue.

I was just at Subway (to buy a submarine sandwich). The guy ahead of me asked for "tomatuhs" on his sub. I don't care how many times I hear that, I will think it's funny every time.
post #35010 of 44834
I'm firmly on team mayo, but only when it's freshly made.

About a year or so ago a client with no money paid me in chickens and eggs. For some of the chicken I cooked it and cut it up and then mixed it with homemade mayo I made from the eggs he gave me.

Now I can't be sure but it's entirely possible the chicken salad I ate was composed of the flesh of momma chickens coated in a sauce made from their unfertilized children.

This is why we can never let chickens evolve biologically. If they ever do develop sentience they will almost certainly come after me for crimes against chicken-kind.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy