or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2332

post #34966 of 43905

Being in a hungover fog and driving to Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday is one of the most disappointing feelings ever. Fortunately, there was a Qdoba right next to it in college.

post #34967 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I love pickles.

Snooki loves pickles too.

Fried pickles with ranch mmmm drool.gif
post #34968 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Snooki loves pickles too.

Fried pickles with ranch mmmm drool.gif

That sounds terrible. Anything with Ranch sounds terrible. I don't know how people eat that shit.
post #34969 of 43905

Harðfiskur.

post #34970 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Fried pickles with ranch mmmm drool.gif
I've never heard of fried pickles. Sounds awful.
post #34971 of 43905
You're missing out, JJ, though fried pickles are one of those things that can go really, really sideways when they're not done right.

There was a place in Athens that did fried gherkins. They were awesome.
post #34972 of 43905
The wife and i are going to Brazil (Rio Janeiro) for a work thing and long(ish) vacation afterwards in November.

I'm always skeptical about it beforehand (I was skeptical about Peru (Machu Picchu) last year and Prague the year before. But the wife plans the basic itinerary out and I just go with the flow.

But they always turn out to be kick assed trips.
post #34973 of 43905

Fried pickles and hot sauce is the bar appetizer of the gods (probably mostly the Jewish one).

post #34974 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I've never heard of fried pickles. Sounds awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

You're missing out, JJ, though fried pickles are one of those things that can go really, really sideways when they're not done right.

There was a place in Athens that did fried gherkins. They were awesome.

They've got to be thinly sliced, lengthwise, like this:



God, I'm just salivating thinking bout them.

I had also never heard of them until I moved to Texas and I had a similar reaction to JayJay's, but I tried them and have been hooked ever since.
post #34975 of 43905
Making me happy is this week is almost done. That means I am one week closer to whatever form of retirement I can afford, one week closer to m final resolution (death), and just a few hours away from Happy Hour.
post #34976 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

The wife and i are going to Brazil (Rio Janeiro) for a work thing and long(ish) vacation afterwards in November.

I'm always skeptical about it beforehand (I was skeptical about Peru (Machu Picchu) last year and Prague the year before. But the wife plans the basic itinerary out and I just go with the flow.

But they always turn out to be kick assed trips.

You will miss me by a matter of days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

one week closer to m final resolution (death),

Holy shit, you are emo as fuck.
post #34977 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Holy shit, you are emo as fuck.

If only my empty shell of existence could accurately have such a vibrant adjective is "fuck" applied to it the overwhelming lethargy might be momentarily abated before the dark haze of gloom settled back to cover everything.
post #34978 of 43905
i eat pickes with my challah, schug and hummus, every shabbos. will be enjoying some tonight.
post #34979 of 43905
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i eat pickes with my challah, schug and hummus, every shabbos. will be enjoying some tonight.

Pickles, schug and hummus. Must be quite the...atmosphere...for shabbos at the Stitch Palace. laugh.gif
post #34980 of 43905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

The wife and i are going to Brazil (Rio Janeiro) for a work thing and long(ish) vacation afterwards in November.

I'm always skeptical about it beforehand (I was skeptical about Peru (Machu Picchu) last year and Prague the year before. But the wife plans the basic itinerary out and I just go with the flow.

But they always turn out to be kick assed trips.

its great - just be very very careful about crime. as long as you are careful, you'll have a blast. food is really good, beaches are great
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy