or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2294

post #34396 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Today I trolled a forum devoted to knit hats (Knit Hat Chit Chat) by inappropriately introducing religion into the discussion. Man, did they get PO'd!

A lady, whom I know not to be a lady of Christian faith, was showing off a knit hat she had knitted. I said "A good knit hat should please the senses, but also it should direct the mind to matters loftier and more divine. Since the OP has not faith in Christ, she cannot comprehend how those two realms can be mediated. You see, it is only Christ who mediates the earthly and the divine."

I was banned.

Betimes I am of proud to Internet know you, this is of those times.
post #34397 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Also - not quite as good as ice cream, but sexting wifey while away is extremely awesome and frustrating at the same time

It is why it is so good...

Sexting your wife is so home counties..
post #34398 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

It is why it is so good...

Sexting your wife is so home counties..
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "home counties"?
post #34399 of 43588
quaint?
post #34400 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

quaint?
Makes sense. Muchos gracias, amigo!
post #34401 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

I am in love with someone. They know. When I told them, they vanished for 9 months... .

confused.gif

Whaa? you mean why'd they vanish? cuz their world was already upside down and they were overwhelmed...but they are ok now.
post #34402 of 43588
I can't speak for acidboy, but I think he was confused by your use of the plural pronouns to refer to the singular "someone."
post #34403 of 43588
this was sent to me and it made me laugh.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/27077725
post #34404 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I can't speak for acidboy, but I think he was confused by your use of the plural pronouns to refer to the singular "someone."

Thank you. To clarify, I deliberately used 'someone' and 'they' as singular to remove any specific gender reference because the person is gender queer; meaning they identify as both male and female and flip-flop with their gender identity. I find it confusing at times myself. Referring to a singular gender queer person as 'they' is appropriate and prevents confusion, though outside of the LGBTIQ community, I can see how this was perplexing. Hope this helps, and thank you for raising the question.
post #34405 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Thank you. To clarify, I deliberately used 'someone' and 'they' as singular to remove any specific gender reference because the person is gender queer; meaning they identify as both male and female and flip-flop with their gender identity. I find it confusing at times myself. Referring to a singular gender queer person as 'they' is appropriate and prevents confusion, though outside of the LGBTIQ community, I can see how this was perplexing. Hope this helps, and thank you for raising the question.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does "I" stand for in that acronym?
And fing02[1].gif on the positive turn in your relationship with your friend.
post #34406 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Thank you. To clarify, I deliberately used 'someone' and 'they' as singular to remove any specific gender reference because the person is gender queer; meaning they identify as both male and female and flip-flop with their gender identity. I find it confusing at times myself. Referring to a singular gender queer person as 'they' is appropriate and prevents confusion, though outside of the LGBTIQ community, I can see how this was perplexing. Hope this helps, and thank you for raising the question.

Your friend is to be commended at not being adverse to you as a cis-sexual, cisgendered person.
post #34407 of 43588
^ I'm more confused now than when MoL started that comment
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

fantastic news, acid. i imagine the stress of being an azn tiger dad is almost unbearable.

thanks, stitchy... not really, they kinda know that getting a C means burning one of the barbie dolls and flushing one of the fishes...
post #34408 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

^ I'm more confused now than when MoL started that comment

MoL's friend is gender queer. Piobaire (SF poster) is commending the gender queer friend for being tolerant of MoL, who is not gender queer (i.e., is cisgendered, i.e., is a man and experiences himself as a man, and not as a woman). (I don't really know if MoL is cisgendered or not, btw. I am just interpreting Piobaire's comment.) Piobaire is commending the gender queer friend because gender queer people are infamous for their vicious intolerance of the non-gender-queer people of the world.

I hope that cleared everything up.
post #34409 of 43588
as clear as KISS is not an acronym for Knights In Satan's Service
post #34410 of 43588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Your friend is to be commended at not being adverse to you as a cis-sexual, cisgendered person.


Have you forgotten DT?


Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

^ I'm more confused now than when MoL started that comment

I am getting confused too o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post


MoL's friend is gender queer. Piobaire (SF poster) is commending the gender queer friend for being tolerant of MoL, who is not gender queer (i.e., is cisgendered, i.e., is a man and experiences himself as a man, and not as a woman). (I don't really know if MoL is cisgendered or not, btw. I am just interpreting Piobaire's comment.) Piobaire is commending the gender queer friend because gender queer people are infamous for their vicious intolerance of the non-gender-queer people of the world.

I hope that cleared everything up.

Well it is true that there are some pretty vicious gender queer people.
They dress male, and you call them Sir, and they rip your head off saying they are female.
They dress female, and you call them Miss, and they rip your head off saying they are male.
Those ones are just trying to pick a fight and are a waste of time, but there are also very nice gender queer people too, in fairness.

As for myself, I leave it for you to sift through DT for answers about my own status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

as clear as KISS is not an acronym for Knights In Satan's Service

Not in this case, at least not today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "I" stand for in that acronym?
And fing02[1].gif on the positive turn in your relationship with your friend.

Thank you for your kind words.
The 'I' stands for Intersex; a person born with both male and female genetalia. The term 'Hermaphrodite' used to be used but has now been dropped because it is politically incorrect. I know some Intersexed people too. One is a close friend of mine and I can tell you she suffers the tortures of the damned.



Wow....all this attention because I love someone smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy