or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2282

post #34216 of 46589
Oh noes, someone on the intrawebz doesn't get me! WOe iz me......
post #34217 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Oh noes, someone on the intrawebz doesn't get me! WOe iz me......

Not you, dumbazz. I was responding to a post that has since been removed.
post #34218 of 46589
My dog is sick today, so has been throwing up etc.

Earlier he was sitting in the sofa and when looked at him he had a facial expression like "oh shit", so picked him up and put him down in the floor, the instant he hit the floor he started puking.
post #34219 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Not you, dumbazz. I was responding to a post that has since been removed.

Ah, my sincere apologies.
post #34220 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Not you, dumbazz. I was responding to a post that has since been removed.

Also, I did thumbs-up imatlas's post about the now-deleted post. It truly deserved the "WTF" that imatlas typed into the box.
post #34221 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Also, I did thumbs-up imatlas's post about the now-deleted post. It truly deserved the "WTF" that imatlas typed into the box.

I saw that and was subsequently saddened, though mistakenly, in retrospect, that you had +1'ed it.
post #34222 of 46589
Had a physical today. Apparently I am a little taller than I had always thought. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Still can't dunk, though. Although I have not tried since finding this extra height, so I should check it out this weekend.
Boy fact and cholesterol numbers were also a bit better than I expected, given that I feel like I've been slacking on diet and exercise of late and more generally am on the inevitable slide into decrepitude (no JLib).
post #34223 of 46589
H1B approved, I mean I expect it to be approved (not subject to quota here), though still a relief. Also wife just got prevailing wage for green card back, so I guess I am on the green card...

edit: I am on the green card "applying" band wagon now, perm itself is probably still 2 years away
Edited by clee1982 - 9/5/13 at 3:09pm
post #34224 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

H1B approved, I mean I expect it to be approved (not subject to quota here), though still a relief. Also wife just got prevailing wage for green card back, so I guess I am on the green card bandwagon now...
Congrats.
post #34225 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Congrats.

thanks
post #34226 of 46589
Things makes me happy: the cat is very people friendly, almost too friendly, and it likes to play catch sometimes (she acts like a dog 50% of the time)

Things not going so great: it's the first time the wife ever had a cat (she wanted one since childhood, but never end up having one), and she is developing a bit of an allergy (might or might not have something to do with the cat), so might have to give the cat to someone else... Also she is getting paranoid about toxoplasmosis (we expect to have kids in the next 2 year or so), I have no idea how she can completely ignore that before we adopt the cat then getting paranoid about it like a week after we adopt it...

edit: why does text in my post disappear, like I need to edit and resubmit to make sure everything is shown, or it's just my browser is f*ed up with javascript (Chrome)?
post #34227 of 46589

I'd assumed danish would be quicker for me than Icelandic, because  A) its simpler (accent aside) and B) its similar, and I already learned Icelandic pretty well. 

I was not expecting to sit in on a departmental coffee hour (no-one realized I didn't speak danish until I pointed it out half way through) and understand 50+% of the conversation, or being able to have a basic conversation with a tiny bit of prep in a bar tonight. One of the professors said my danish comprehension skills were good for an Icelander (he's icelandic). I then proceeded to have a long, rambling conversation with him and his wife in Icelandic, before I finally explained to him that, no, I'm not Icelandic, I've never studied modern Icelandic or danish, and yes, I'm an american who left the states this time last year. his face was priceless.

Feeling like a linguistic pimp (even though I know I'm not) and totally ready to apply for that bartender job B)

post #34228 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

H1B approved, I mean I expect it to be approved (not subject to quota here), though still a relief. Also wife just got prevailing wage for green card back, so I guess I am on the green card...

edit: I am on the green card "applying" band wagon now, perm itself is probably still 2 years away

Congrats. I plan to go for citizenship this year or next.
post #34229 of 46589
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

Things makes me happy: the cat is very people friendly, almost too friendly, and it likes to play catch sometimes (she acts like a dog 50% of the time)

Things not going so great: it's the first time the wife ever had a cat (she wanted one since childhood, but never end up having one), and she is developing a bit of an allergy (might or might not have something to do with the cat), so might have to give the cat to someone else... Also she is getting paranoid about toxoplasmosis (we expect to have kids in the next 2 year or so), I have no idea how she can completely ignore that before we adopt the cat then getting paranoid about it like a week after we adopt it...

edit: why does text in my post disappear, like I need to edit and resubmit to make sure everything is shown, or it's just my browser is f*ed up with javascript (Chrome)?

You don't give away pets like that. Pets are members of the family and you just deal with shit.

I believe it was Kant that said something about being able to judge a person by how they treated animals.
post #34230 of 46589
Fuck, I love September.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy