or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2278

post #34156 of 43602
quick trip to Maine.

smooth drive, no traffic - we left at 3am from CT.

lunch:



long long nap wake up at 9pm - walk with my dog to a restaurant about a 1.5miles away. eat dinner by the water.

the walk home - harrowing. a thick assed fog settles into the pitch dark. my dog's confused and freaked out by any movement/sound. I can barely see whats in front of me for the walk home. Thoughts of dying a cliche stephen king novel death way started creeping in.
post #34157 of 43602

done with hostel, in apartment now.

6th floor walk up, shoebox room, kinda run down, more people than rooms and a tiny kitchenette which may serve to make toast.

Feels like home :)

post #34158 of 43602
Did you end up on amager or nørrebro
post #34159 of 43602
Excellent BBQ yesterday (my ribs were a huge hit) with tons of drinking with friends. Today, no hangover, and chilling with Mrs. Piob and working on what will be my music studio. Target date for full studio set up is December 1.
post #34160 of 43602
JayJay - enjoy chi-town

Lawrence - glad you did not die in the fog.

All ya'll - If I could pick one fast food chain to be kosher it would be TB.
post #34161 of 43602
Shana tova, Stitchey. And I don't think your waistline needs a kosher TB. laugh.gif
post #34162 of 43602
morning: beautiful semi-secret dog park right off of acadia national park.

pics:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




lunch: lobster roll and half a ruben sandwich. both pretty great.

watching the redsox game on tv half asleep ready to take a long assed nap soon.
post #34163 of 43602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Shana tova, Stitchey. And I don't think your waistline needs a kosher TB. laugh.gif

Thanks, Piob, much appreciated. No, it prolly does not. smile.gif
post #34164 of 43602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

morning: beautiful semi-secret dog park right off of acadia national park.

pics:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




lunch: lobster roll and half a ruben sandwich. both pretty great.

watching the redsox game on tv half asleep ready to take a long assed nap soon.

Looks like fun.
post #34165 of 43602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Did you end up on amager or nørrebro

 

Amager, much closer to the Uni, I can smoke in the kitchen, they have a cleaning rota, and its a quiet (if very weird) neighborhood, which I think suits me better (downtown reykjavik is like suburbs in most cities, and I'm used to that now). I'm pretty damned happy. Already feeling better about CPH now that I'm out of downtown, and can't wait to start classes tomorrow!

Also: have started preliminary buttering up the regulars and servers, and light flirting with one of the bartenders at a bar/cafe I like in Islands Brygge. Worst case scenario, I become a regular in a quiet bar with free wifi, best case scenario I manage to turn this into a two shift a week bartending gig. The owner was talking to me today and is impressed that I've been here four days and I'm already trying to do everything I can in Danish... fingers crossed.

post #34166 of 43602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

Amager, much closer to the Uni, I can smoke in the kitchen, they have a cleaning rota, and its a quiet (if very weird) neighborhood, which I think suits me better (downtown reykjavik is like suburbs in most cities, and I'm used to that now). I'm pretty damned happy. Already feeling better about CPH now that I'm out of downtown, and can't wait to start classes tomorrow!


Also: have started preliminary buttering up the regulars and servers, and light flirting with one of the bartenders at a bar/cafe I like in Islands Brygge. Worst case scenario, I become a regular in a quiet bar with free wifi, best case scenario I manage to turn this into a two shift a week bartending gig. The owner was talking to me today and is impressed that I've been here four days and I'm already trying to do everything I can in Danish... fingers crossed.

Sounds good thumbs-up.gif
post #34167 of 43602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

morning: beautiful semi-secret dog park right off of acadia national park.

pics:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




lunch: lobster roll and half a ruben sandwich. both pretty great.

watching the redsox game on tv half asleep ready to take a long assed nap soon.

I was in acadia national park last weekend for the first time, great place, though the drive was on the annoying long side... (and we arrived Friday late, leave Sunday before noon probably didn't help it).
post #34168 of 43602
"Valerieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, call me, call on me, come and seeeeeeeeee me, I'm the same boy I used to be............"
post #34169 of 43602

spending time with my single mom makes me happy. Realizing all the years she bent her back carrying groceries so she could feed my brothers and I, makes me want to give back. While she can still stand on her two feet, I want every moment I get to spend with her to be cherished.

post #34170 of 43602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

morning: beautiful semi-secret dog park right off of acadia national park.

pics:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




lunch: lobster roll and half a ruben sandwich. both pretty great.

watching the redsox game on tv half asleep ready to take a long assed nap soon.

Lol. I just arrived in Acadia national park an hour ago and have been googling lobster joints
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy