or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2267

post #33991 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

It is glutinous rice that is pounded with a wooden mallet (or modern machinery) until it has a consistency ranging from chewing gum to nylon, the taste being almost exactly the same as nylon. The only good thing about it is that each year several (usually old) people choke to death trying to swallow the shit.
hmmm... Think I'll pass.
post #33992 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

back to real life now, but had a superb vacation with the family this past week. the beach and boardwalk were excellent. amazing weather, water was awesome, swam every day last week with the kids. great amusement parks, fantastic rides and games. and then ended the week chilling at my brother-in-laws through the weekend, just lazing around. was a really good week. very good to get away.
See, you were concerned about your vacation over nothing. I knew you would have a great time. Really glad you did.
post #33993 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post


Also, I am pretty sure I became the first philosophy professor in the history of my institution to wear John Lobb Becketts while teaching class. Made me feel like "the man with the plan," or however you say it.
JL Becketts and a square, SF at its best. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33994 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Got 3rd in a long, inter-club regatta last weekend!
Congrats! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33995 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

You goddamn double monkers.
My go-to shoes for daily wear. I love them. Up to six pairs now. I wear my oxfords for business formal occasions, but I'm otherwise in JL dbl monks.
post #33996 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

JL Becketts and a square, SF at its best. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

In my profession, wearing a suit is not the norm at all, so I've been hesitant to take the extra step of wearing a square. But I'm enjoying it a lot, and it doesn't feel unnatural. I do need to buy more squares, though.
post #33997 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

In my profession, wearing a suit is not the norm at all, so I've been hesitant to take the extra step of wearing a square. But I'm enjoying it a lot, and it doesn't feel unnatural. I do need to buy more squares, though.
I thought we were all being called squares in the sense of not much like The Fonz.
post #33998 of 45354

Menningarnott.

 

In a land where holidays are as plentiful as weekends, this may be my favorite. Because everyone I'm friends with is an artist or in well known bands, my weekend, especially today, consists of walking around reykjavik, drinking free booze, eating free food, seeing art and getting concerted at. This is the only Icelandic holiday that makes any sense. They should call it free shit day.

post #33999 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

I'm assuming he's happy that its not his own car that needs repair work, but someone else's?
This and if you gonna worry about your kids friends cars dripping oil keep em outa NorCal
post #34000 of 45354

I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, but last night ended up with me and my friends at a party on a tugboat drinking free champagne and watching fireworks in faxafloi.... nice.

post #34001 of 45354
Got a wedding present from my brother - a sous vide machine! It's a really thoughtful gift- my wife LOVES kitchen gadgets and we cook a pretty good amount. I know he doesn't make a lot of money and they are pretty expensive - given the fact that I know he wants one in the worst way I'm touched that he saved up that much money and spent it on us instead of himself.happy.gif
post #34002 of 45354
Today is the Connebirthday. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #34003 of 45354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Today is the Connebirthday. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I hope you are giving your true birthday, because I've got a BMW Isetta shipped out to you as a gift.
post #34004 of 45354
When you accidentally click on a 14 month old text but you pop a bit of a stiffy remembering what it led to...
post #34005 of 45354
When we got to my place to watch some movies my girlfriend offered to put my shoetrees in the shoes I was wearing. Made me smile. satisfied.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy