or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2229

post #33421 of 46495

Decided to start exercising again today. Put check boxes on my calendar so I can shame myself into keeping up with it.

post #33422 of 46495
I recently got a decant of a fragrance called Anima Dulcis. That reminded me that my cat used to always think it was called "Animal Duchess." She thought it was for her.
post #33423 of 46495
What's up fellow handsome, well-dressed gents?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but a loooott has happened since I took my hiatus.

Good news is that my sister is in stable condition now and she's on the right meds and doing so much better. This whole ordeal really brought to light just how fucking broken the US healthcare system is, and even so for people who do have proper insurance and the means to afford healthcare.

Yeah, our healthcare costs are astronomical, but the quality of care also sucks shit. No surprise there. But I don't want to get into too much detail about this.. Piob can work on our nation's healthcare problems. Now... whether he'll make a positive impact, we shall see devil.gif.

ANYWAY, I had been struggling too coping with my sister's condition and just general life / job stress. I ended up taking some time off of work and I will say it was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I spent the time off to really tackle my issues and I've come a long, long, long way since May. I almost feel like an upgraded person and I love it.

All-in-all, I'm so much happier in life right now and I'm honestly excited and optimistic about my future.

And a special thanks to all who offered kind words of encouragement a couple months back (and to OTC who was the only member to worry about my whereabouts and PM me, asking me if everything was okay).

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33424 of 46495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

What's up fellow handsome, well-dressed gents?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but a loooott has happened since I took my hiatus.

Good news is that my sister is in stable condition now and she's on the right meds and doing so much better. This whole ordeal really brought to light just how fucking broken the US healthcare system is, and even so for people who do have proper insurance and the means to afford healthcare.

Yeah, our healthcare costs are astronomical, but the quality of care also sucks shit. No surprise there. But I don't want to get into too much detail about this.. Piob can work on our nation's healthcare problems. Now... whether he'll make a positive impact, we shall see devil.gif.

ANYWAY, I had been struggling too coping with my sister's condition and just general life / job stress. I ended up taking some time off of work and I will say it was the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I spent the time off to really tackle my issues and I've come a long, long, long way since May. I almost feel like an upgraded person and I love it.

All-in-all, I'm so much happier in life right now and I'm honestly excited and optimistic about my future.

And a special thanks to all who offered kind words of encouragement a couple months back (and to OTC who was the only member to worry about my whereabouts and PM me, asking me if everything was okay).

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Good for you, man. Glad to hear your sister and you are both doing better.
post #33425 of 46495
Really glad to hear that, GF.
post #33426 of 46495
Welcome back, GF. Glad to hear things are going so well!
post #33427 of 46495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Good for you, man. Glad to hear your sister and you are both doing better.

this. super awesome news, frogmeister.
post #33428 of 46495
Good news dude! We all thouht you were dating edina.
post #33429 of 46495
Glad to see you back, GF (well I'm really not but that's what we're supposed to say. (I keed)).

FWIW, mental health is probably the most broken area of US healthcare...but that's a worldwide issue really.
post #33430 of 46495
Great news, GF!

So, I almost went on an amazing trip to arctic Labrador with my neighbor R, a very experienced arctic traveler and backpacker. Cost and the misery of arctic backpacking kept me home this time - I've gone on a couple of absolutely incredible trips to the arctic with R in the past but I've had enough of trying to hike on tundra (which has been likened to attempting to hike across mile after mile of basketballs loosely packed together and sitting in 6" of water). I stayed home but my bear bin went off to Canada with R and a bunch of other folks. The trip didn't go as smoothly as planned:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/us-man-who-survived-labrador-polar-bear-attack-recovering-in-montreal/article13489138/

I'm happy because 1) R is a fucking hero, having driven off the bear and saved the guy's life and 2) the mauling victim is expected to make a full recovery and 3) I wasn't eaten by a polar bear!
post #33431 of 46495
Happy for you gf
post #33432 of 46495
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Great news, GF!

So, I almost went on an amazing trip to arctic Labrador with my neighbor R, a very experienced arctic traveler and backpacker. Cost and the misery of arctic backpacking kept me home this time - I've gone on a couple of absolutely incredible trips to the arctic with R in the past but I've had enough of trying to hike on tundra (which has been likened to attempting to hike across mile after mile of basketballs loosely packed together and sitting in 6" of water). I stayed home but my bear bin went off to Canada with R and a bunch of other folks. The trip didn't go as smoothly as planned:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/us-man-who-survived-labrador-polar-bear-attack-recovering-in-montreal/article13489138/

I'm happy because 1) R is a fucking hero, having driven off the bear and saved the guy's life and 2) the mauling victim is expected to make a full recovery and 3) I wasn't eaten by a polar bear!

Wow, that is nuts.
post #33433 of 46495
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Great news, GF!

So, I almost went on an amazing trip to arctic Labrador with my neighbor R, a very experienced arctic traveler and backpacker. Cost and the misery of arctic backpacking kept me home this time - I've gone on a couple of absolutely incredible trips to the arctic with R in the past but I've had enough of trying to hike on tundra (which has been likened to attempting to hike across mile after mile of basketballs loosely packed together and sitting in 6" of water). I stayed home but my bear bin went off to Canada with R and a bunch of other folks. The trip didn't go as smoothly as planned:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/us-man-who-survived-labrador-polar-bear-attack-recovering-in-montreal/article13489138/

I'm happy because 1) R is a fucking hero, having driven off the bear and saved the guy's life and 2) the mauling victim is expected to make a full recovery and 3) I wasn't eaten by a polar bear!

Dude. That is nuts. That guy has forever BAMF status.
post #33434 of 46495
Sounds like things are looking up, GF. Glad to hear it.
post #33435 of 46495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Congrats man!

You get unfrozen CPL or a new Type Rating?
Thanks!
Got my ATP and a pilot in command type on an Embraer 145
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy