or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2190

post #32836 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Today is that twice a year occasion when I remember how awesome the Beatles were and listen to them on repeat for four hours.

dude, that is barely half their catalogue. amp that up to 8-12 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Sweet truck! I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I have a ticket to the Braves game tomorrow, and they're retiring Chipper Jones' number. It was my Father's Day gift, and I'm stoked!

thanks, man. i hope you enjoy the game too, thats a great gift, and it will make a great memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Not surprised that Why is one of those "the Beatles are overrated" guys.

yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

damn this makes me feel so old. I remember when he was first drafted. frown.gif

you know of teh baseball sportings?

yeah, i was reminiscing with my bro at the game, in my mind its still 1990s baseball. i cant believe all the guys i associate with the game are pretty much gone. frown.gif

this is just a small sampling
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ken griffey jr
frank thomas
nolan ryan
roberto and sandy alomar
mike piazza
greg maddux
john smoltz
craig biggio
jeff bagwell
post #32837 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yeah, if left to my own devices, I move to an 8:30-9am wake up and a 2am or so bed time within three days. I actually need less sleep than on my enforced early bird schedule.

that is me errday, except i usually get up closer to 7:30/45.
post #32838 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

While I get to the office pretty early I am by nature a night person. When I drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark I feel better.

I love the darker weather. All of this sun I find annoying. Something weird about eating dinner at 8:30pm with the sun blasting through the windows of my apartment. I think I have that seasonal depression, but reverse seasons.
post #32839 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

dude, that is barely half their catalogue. amp that up to 8-12 hours.
thanks, man. i hope you enjoy the game too, thats a great gift, and it will make a great memory.
yup
you know of teh baseball sportings?

yeah, i was reminiscing with my bro at the game, in my mind its still 1990s baseball. i cant believe all the guys i associate with the game are pretty much gone. frown.gif

this is just a small sampling
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ken griffey jr
frank thomas
nolan ryan
roberto and sandy alomar
mike piazza
greg maddux
john smoltz
craig biggio
jeff bagwell

im blown away that these guys arent still playing. THIS is teh sports i know.
post #32840 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Huh. I didn't realize being a night owl was so common. I hate mornings. If I had my way, I'd shift my entire schedule back about three hours.

+100
post #32841 of 45298
I hate the people who say, after years you get used to waking up early. I mean, no shit, you have to wake up to get to work, but it doesn't mean it isn't going to be equally horrible to do.
post #32842 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I'm really happy the summer solstice is passed and the day will start getting shorter. For some reason I really like driving to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. It sucks when the sun is already up and shining at 5:30 am.

in the olden days where they used a 36hour shift for medical/surgical rotations you'd often have times where you come in at 6am then leave at 6pm the following day (36hours later). if you're doing something like a OBGYN rotation (which have wards and operating rooms within a hospital with no windows) you'd go whole months without seeing the sun (especially in the winter/fall months).
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I hate the people who say, after years you get used to waking up early. I mean, no shit, you have to wake up to get to work, but it doesn't mean it isn't going to be equally horrible to do.

I used to run a lot in the morning, and it sucked to wake up so early, but you actually fool yourself into thinking you're a morning person if you work out in the morning because the feeling of being finished with working out before work is so satisfying. I have a suspicion that a lot of "morning people" are just people who manage to work out in the morning.
post #32843 of 45298
My father gets up at 4am everyday for seriously no reason. He has this sense of pride about it (like most morning people do) that is annoying.
post #32844 of 45298
my parents are like that. By 7:30 PM, it's "time to call it a day", but in the summer months the sun is still blasting, and god damn it I want to go boating.
post #32845 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

in the olden days where they used a 36hour shift for medical/surgical rotations you'd often have times where you come in at 6am then leave at 6pm the following day (36hours later). if you're doing something like a OBGYN rotation (which have wards and operating rooms within a hospital with no windows) you'd go whole months without seeing the sun (especially in the winter/fall months).
I used to run a lot in the morning, and it sucked to wake up so early, but you actually fool yourself into thinking you're a morning person if you work out in the morning because the feeling of being finished with working out before work is so satisfying. I have a suspicion that a lot of "morning people" are just people who manage to work out in the morning.

working out in the morning is amazing. I'm going to be really sad when I start med school this fall and won't get to work out until midday. I will probably regress to being a midmorning person again.
post #32846 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

my parents are like that. By 7:30 PM, it's "time to call it a day", but in the summer months the sun is still blasting, and god damn it I want to go boating.

I am doing some boating this week if the rain holds out.
post #32847 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I am doing some boating this week if the rain holds out.

jellis
post #32848 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

My father gets up at 4am everyday for seriously no reason. He has this sense of pride about it (like most morning people do) that is annoying.

my parents are 4am-5am people too. I think thats part of the reason we're moving to a house, because when they visit they'll get up and start moving about making racket and start cooking a whole breakfast (like bacon and eggs) at 4am. Then they'll have loud normal conversations (which aren't even really appropriate anyway during breakfast). I remember the last time they visited they even broke out the iPads and started skype-ing with family in Asia (12hour time difference and lots of semi yelling conversations). I wanted to whip the iPads into the East River.
post #32849 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

My father gets up at 4am everyday for seriously no reason. He has this sense of pride about it (like most morning people do) that is annoying.

i know EXACTLY what you mean. and i hate that shit.
post #32850 of 45298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

my parents are 4am-5am people too. I think thats part of the reason we're moving to a house, because when they visit they'll get up and start moving about making racket and start cooking a whole breakfast (like bacon and eggs) at 4am. Then they'll have loud normal conversations (which aren't even really appropriate anyway during breakfast). I remember the last time they visited they even broke out the iPads and started skype-ing with family in Asia (12hour time difference and lots of semi yelling conversations). I wanted to whip the iPads into the East River.

When you move why in the hell are you going to give your 'rents the address? This is your chance to disappear. Take it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy