Originally Posted by HRoi
A particularly stupid "don't reply all" thread of emails is making the rounds this morning. It always starts with someone copying some huge distribution list that he shouldn't have. But we appear to have sunk to new lows with this one
1. First, the original sender immediately attempted to recall his email, realizing his mistake. Everyone with a quarter brain should have just seen this and deleted the email
2. Apparently having a quarter brain is not a requirement for employment for my company, because there are already 53 reply-all responses saying they can't help, to please take them off distribution, or my favorite - to stop replying to all
3. a VP got fed up and told everyone to stop. 30 seconds later, someone replies to her, cc'ing all, asking her to take him off distribution
4. One helpful soul with a common name replies to all, saying he's not the right person with that name, but is copying his namesake who should be the right person. As far as I can tell, he copied himself
5. Another person has helpfully pointed out that the distribution list seems to be the incorrect one, and added ANOTHER distribution list for everyone to reply all to. Dear god, I don't want to know how big this second one is because the first one is already enormous.
All in all a pretty entertaining clusterfuck this morning. I was pissed off when I started to write this post but just reading the ridiculousness of what I'm writing is actually making me laugh now