Originally Posted by Hannerhan
A acquaintance of mine (wives are friends) is running the Coeur d'Alene Ironman tomorrow in Idaho...his first Ironman, and he is a bit of a bigger guy so it's borderline whether he's going to do it in the mandated 17 hours. I'm not a huge fan of the guy.
If he makes it, I will have more respect for him and will have something to talk to him about next time we see each other. If he times out or quits, even better.
Either way I win.
rankings in annoying-ness in regards to runners/bikers
5. ultra marathon guy (these guys are surprisingly normal looking i have a cousin who looks doughy and he's run double ultras - he doesnt even really talk about it).
4. marathon guy (inversely proportional in annoying-ness to number of 26.2 stickers on car).
3. half marathon guy (Include me into this.
guy who runs half marathons and likes to weave it into conversations about the weekend at work). exponentially
inversely proportional to amount of 13.1 stickers on car.
2. triathlete guy - oh gawd please no more facebook updates about your swim/bike/run today. please gawd no more. inversely proportunal to the amount of money spend on triathlon specific bike and wetsuit.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. 5k walk woman. wears t-shirt proudly and brags about being sore, feels real kinship to the ultra marathon guy when discussing their "races" over the weekend.