or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2138

post #32056 of 44137
Yes, of course.
post #32057 of 44137
I used to be amazed at the number of minority drivers I saw with Bentleys, RR's, Maybachs, AMG S-classes, etc and I always wondered what on earth they did to afford such an automobile. Turns out I was looking into the wrong part of the car.
post #32058 of 44137
If you own a Rolls Royce and are driving it yourself, you're doing it wrong.
post #32059 of 44137
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Mighty smug for a guy who spends as much time deriding smugness as you do.

That was smug? Huh.
post #32060 of 44137
I'd rather have a driver on hand 24/7 in a mediocre car than a really nice car.
post #32061 of 44137
I'd rather have a more reliable subway. A much more expensive proposition than a driver, really nice car, or both.
post #32062 of 44137
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I'd rather have a more reliable subway. A much more expensive proposition than a driver, really nice car, or both.

Well, yeah.
post #32063 of 44137
I hate driving on a daily basis. I'm hoping when we hire someone after having kids that they can double as a driver.
post #32064 of 44137
i quite enjoy driving. its great tool to release stress and anger. peepwall[1].gif
post #32065 of 44137
New BoC music!
post #32066 of 44137
Oops, wrong threak
post #32067 of 44137
Haven't posted in ages..been crazy busy with work and family.

Around six months ago I wrote in the "pissed off" thread about my company being bought out and impending layoffs and salary cuts...and working under people with less experience and more arrogance.

I am happy to report that things are much brighter now. After the acquisition a lot of our key people quit and our business turned to shit...we went into the red for the first time in a decade. I was very tempted to jump ship but decided to wait until things were more clear. Thankfully, new senior management came into place and questioned why the acquisition ever happened, restructured so that our former president is back in charge and we are taking a leadership role in our business area.

Personally, it is looking like I played this really well by being patient and waiting out the transition and I am looking good to get a more senior role. I was able to forge some good relationships with key people in the new organization who will be reporting to me....and they announced today that our salaries are not getting touched.

Exhale.
post #32068 of 44137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post

Haven't posted in ages..been crazy busy with work and family.

Around six months ago I wrote in the "pissed off" thread about my company being bought out and impending layoffs and salary cuts...and working under people with less experience and more arrogance.

I am happy to report that things are much brighter now. After the acquisition a lot of our key people quit and our business turned to shit...we went into the red for the first time in a decade. I was very tempted to jump ship but decided to wait until things were more clear. Thankfully, new senior management came into place and questioned why the acquisition ever happened, restructured so that our former president is back in charge and we are taking a leadership role in our business area.

Personally, it is looking like I played this really well by being patient and waiting out the transition and I am looking good to get a more senior role. I was able to forge some good relationships with key people in the new organization who will be reporting to me....and they announced today that our salaries are not getting touched.

Exhale.
Good report. Hope things continue to go well for you.
post #32069 of 44137
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I used to be amazed at the number of minority drivers I saw with Bentleys, RR's, Maybachs, AMG S-classes, etc and I always wondered what on earth they did to afford such an automobile. Turns out I was looking into the wrong part of the car.
Interesting.....

Well, I'm in the midst of a long road trip. Noticed a cop following close behind for a few miles. When traffic came to a standstill in a congested area, the cop pulls up beside my car and motioned for me to roll the window down. I thought he would complain about my speed or something else, instead he wanted to ask about and compliment my car. I was glad to not be in trouble, but on the other hand I was annoyed. facepalm.gif
post #32070 of 44137
alter - fantastic news, very glad to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

Interesting.....

Well, I'm in the midst of a long road trip. Noticed a cop following close behind for a few miles. When traffic came to a standstill in a congested area, the cop pulls up beside my car and motioned for me to roll the window down. I thought he would complain about my speed or something else, instead he wanted to ask about and compliment my car. I was glad to not be in trouble, but on the other hand I was annoyed. facepalm.gif

were you driving a crown vic?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy