or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2059

post #30871 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Enjoying the ol' Friday Special: tuna sandwich with extra onions. drool.gif

Your co-workers must be the only people in the world who don't look forward to Fridays.
post #30872 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Enjoying the ol' Friday Special: tuna sandwich with extra onions. drool.gif
You should try the customized tuna sandwich with fresh greens.
post #30873 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Your co-workers must be the only people in the world who don't look forward to Fridays.

The partitions between desks are pretty tall, I think they'll live. I always pop some gum right after chowing down.
post #30874 of 43972
Taxes are done. Bout to take a nap.
post #30875 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thanks, guys. Was a huge success, mayor was there with assorted other dignitaries, and it hit the local news.
And now I'm sitting on my patio with coffee smile.gif
Not to say I'm not getting emails, calls, and texts from work and I have a report open in another window I need to revise for EOB. frown.gif

well done, piob. well. done.
post #30876 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

well done, piob. well. done.
This. ^
Congrats, d00d.
post #30877 of 43972
Pio, did you build a strip club?
post #30878 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

well done, piob. well. done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

This. ^
Congrats, d00d.

Thank you, gents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Pio, did you build a strip club?

Keep that on the DL, will ya? fistbump.gif
post #30879 of 43972
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Going to "work from home" tomorrow. This of course means coffee on the patio, whisky for lunch, and a nap in the afternoon before we head out for happy hour.

And why am I working from home tomorrow? Because I figure I will not get home from work today until around 11. The reason for that?

Ground breaking ceremony on a capital project I've been working for nearly two years! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

very cool. congrats.
post #30880 of 43972
Thread Starter 
big day for me today, very stressful, one of the toughest days I've had in a while, but very good feeling to get it done.


its a long story, but I had an old and large debt left over from when I left Israel. basically, I made a miscalculation and ended up owing some money, and then, for the first few years in the US I wasn't making enough to pay it off and the fucking bank/credit card company ballooned it into a huge amount. so for years I've wanted to deal with it, and when I tried, I couldn't get them to negotiate to a figure that I could pay, because lets face it I don't want to cripple my family to pay off a debt. I made several offers over the years, including, maybe 5 years ago, to pay off a significant part of the total in monthly payments over two years. I wasn't able to close it up, and I let it sit.

anyway, a couple of months ago I got back into negotiations with the bank, it took a few months but we reached a deal, a little more than I wanted to pay but about 80% less than they wanted from me. then, we closed the deal and I needed to come up with a chunk of money right away, as the deal required me to pay a chunk of money immediately or face penalties. as it turned out, I had just paid for my son's summer camp and I had booked and paid for my families vacation, as well as a couple of other expenses which sort of burst my currant account, and I had earmarked my short term savings for paying off the debt. so this morning I spent the day scrambling to put together money, that I would have had available next week on payday but didn't have easily accessible today. it was very stressful.

anyway, so I am done with that, it is like a huge burden off my neck.
post #30881 of 43972
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

big day for me today, very stressful, one of the toughest days I've had in a while, but very good feeling to get it done.


its a long story, but I had an old and large debt left over from when I left Israel. basically, I made a miscalculation and ended up owing some money, and then, for the first few years in the US I wasn't making enough to pay it off and the fucking bank/credit card company ballooned it into a huge amount. so for years I've wanted to deal with it, and when I tried, I couldn't get them to negotiate to a figure that I could pay, because lets face it I don't want to cripple my family to pay off a debt. I made several offers over the years, including, maybe 5 years ago, to pay off a significant part of the total in monthly payments over two years. I wasn't able to close it up, and I let it sit.

anyway, a couple of months ago I got back into negotiations with the bank, it took a few months but we reached a deal, a little more than I wanted to pay but about 80% less than they wanted from me. then, we closed the deal and I needed to come up with a chunk of money right away, as the deal required me to pay a chunk of money immediately or face penalties. as it turned out, I had just paid for my son's summer camp and I had booked and paid for my families vacation, as well as a couple of other expenses which sort of burst my currant account, and I had earmarked my short term savings for paying off the debt. so this morning I spent the day scrambling to put together money, that I would have had available next week on payday but didn't have easily accessible today. it was very stressful.

anyway, so I am done with that, it is like a huge burden off my neck.

Congrats on getting it done, man. Sucks dealing with stuff like that, but a huge relief to get it crossed off the list, I'd imagine.
post #30882 of 43972
Congrats Globe! And Thomas! And Piob! I know that's a big one for ya
post #30883 of 43972
Congrats all, glad to see the good news.

I just made a big payment on the credit card debt that has been hanging over me for a few years. Feels good to do that.
post #30884 of 43972
Well done, man. Paying off all my CC debt almost a year ago felt so great. Now working on all those student loans.
post #30885 of 43972
I've got Monday off for marathon Monday. bounce2.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy